Hootsuite Achieves Company Milestone, Becomes Cash Flow Positive
Social Media Leader Continues to Add Enterprise Clients, Enhance Platform with Key Partner Integrations, and Introduces Flexible New Pricing for Customers
VANCOUVER, BC – September 13, 2016 - Hootsuite, the most widely used platform for managing social media, has reached cash flow positive as of July 2016. With global demand for solutions that help organizations efficiently and effectively engage with customers and employees on social, Hootsuite continues to grow at a fast pace.
“Since 2008, we have thoughtfully and purposefully built a business that’s become the most widely used platform for managing social media,” said Ryan Holmes, founder and CEO of Hootsuite. “We’ve experienced rocketship growth, but not at the expense of business fundamentals. We’ve reached a milestone, we’re now cash flow positive and in a position where we control our own destiny.”
Hootsuite has over 14 million users in more than 175 countries, with companies like AccorHotels, Allianz Worldwide Partners S.A.S., eHarmony, Monster, Sony Music Entertainment and Virgin, trusting Hootsuite for engagement with their customers and employees every day.
On a Roll: Hootsuite Continues to See Momentum in the Business
- Hootsuite is successfully expanding its enterprise customer base across multiple industries. New customers include British Museum, Colliers International, LATAM Airlines Group S.A, Memorial Health System, National Football League Players Association, SurveyMonkey, and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Customers are seeing increasing success generating employee advocacy on social. In August, Topgolf, a global sports entertainment community used Hootsuite Amplify to increase brand awareness by enabling its Associates to easily engage and advocate on social.
- Announced this summer, Hootsuite is now integrated with the most widely used content sources including Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, Box, and Google Drive to offer customers easy access to content including photos, gifs, and other digital assets. Hootsuite customers benefit with more than 250 business applications and integrations which allow them to extend social media into existing systems and programs.
- In September, Hootsuite launched two new packages to meet the specific needs of its growing customer base. There are now five options available: Free, Professional, Team, Business, and Enterprise. With more options, it’s easier for Hootsuite’s customers to move between plans and choose the right set of features and functionality as they grow their social media presence.
- To better serve the needs of the global market, Hootsuite is opening new offices in Sydney and Toronto with job opportunities available in sales and customer success.
- Hootsuite is driving expansion into Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) by extending its close partner network across the region to support enterprise customers in the Middle East, South Africa, Turkey, Netherlands and Denmark. This partner network is the key to growth in new markets, and is an essential contributor to accelerating the enterprise customer base. More than 1,000 enterprise customers across the EMEA region use Hootsuite to scale social media within their organization.
- Asia Pacific (APAC) is one of the fastest growing markets for Hootsuite with 2.6 million users and enterprise customers which include ANZ Bank, Alliance Bank Malaysia Berhad, RAA Insurance and OCBC Bank. Hootsuite is actively investing in both people and business operations to serve the APAC market, including the recent addition of a regional General Manager, and a new Sydney office.
Hootsuite CEO Keynotes DMEXCO, Company Hosts Industry's Most Comprehensive Free Online Social Media Conference
- On September 15, Hootsuite CEO Ryan Holmes will be a keynote speaker at dmexco, the Digital Marketing Expo & Conference, in Cologne, Germany that attracts 50,000 attendees. Holmes will share his predictions for the future of social media and business during a visionary closing session alongside leaders from AOL and Unruly.
- Registration is open now for Hootsuite’s Connect via Hootsuite, the free virtual conference that takes place on October 5. The conference brings together global brands, partners and thought leaders to discuss key industry trends and best practices in social business strategy.