Comunicados à imprensa
Hootsuite Launches Developer Program, Offers Recurring App Revenue Share and More
The introduction of Premium Apps in the Hootsuite App Directory is an opportunity for app developers to build, share and monetize their applications with HootSuite’s over six million global users
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA– March 11, 2013 – HootSuite, makers of the market-leading social media management system, formally announces the HootSuite Developer Program, providing app developers with prime opportunities to create high-quality apps for HootSuite’s over 6 million users. With the inclusion of Premium Apps in HootSuite’s popular App Directory, developers can now easily test concepts and create brand new subscription-based revenue streams through this specialized program. Developers can get started now by learning more about the program, monetization opportunities, and benefits of developing on top of a leading freemium SaaS platform.
Over the past 15 months, HootSuite’s most popular apps have received over 100,000 installs each. These apps are built to fulfill specific needs and requirements of HootSuite’s user base, which includes small businesses and non-profits, as well as global brands like McDonald’s and Sony Music.
To ensure app developers have all the tools they need to continue to build innovative app integrations, HootSuite’s Developer Program provides the following benefits and resources:
- Monetization: All direct revenue generated by Premium Apps in the HootSuite App Directory will be shared between the developer and HootSuite, offering the potential for significant recurring-revenue generation through a unique subscription-based model.
- Easy Setup: It’s quick and easy for developers to get their apps up and running, through hosting and deployment solutions that can easily be scaled.
- Developer Portal: HootSuite provides a number of resources for developers, including a feature-rich SDK, admin dash, forum, code samples and more.
- Marketing Support: All app developers and integrations they develop will have the opportunity to gain exposure through HootSuite promotional programs.
“By launching the Developer Program, we extend our hands to developers who want to make their mark on the industry by building apps that HootSuite users want. More than 600,000 total apps have been installed in HootSuite to date, and we expect this number to hit two million installs by end of 2013,” says Ryan Holmes, CEO of HootSuite. “Our team has created the type of ecosystem that caters directly to leading edge developers and delivers real value to the customers that we serve.”
“As a developer of a number of apps in HootSuite’s App Directory, I’ve seen the App Directory go through significant growth and development over the last year, and I like where it is headed,” says David Dymytryshyn, App Developer of Synaptive Networks. “The inclusion of Premium Apps can only benefit developers who are already reaping the rewards associated with contributing to a product as widely-used and widely-praised as HootSuite.”
Dmytryshyn is one of the first three developers of Premium Apps for the HootSuite App Directory. Brand new YouTube, Salesforce and Statigram apps are available immediately to all HootSuite users. For more information about building an app for HootSuite, developers are invited to apply for developer access here.
- Blog Post: http://blog.hootsuite.com/hootsuite-developer-program/
- App Directory: https://hootsuite.com/app-directory
- Developer Program: https://hootsuite.com/developers/app-directory/
- Media Kit: http://media.hootsuite.com/media-kit/