Driving marketing transformation: Is the answer social?
As the seismic events of 2020 continue to reshape the brand-to-consumer relationship, it’s never been more important to build business strategy around the customer. Social plays a unique enabling role, tracking sentiment and delivering insights that CMOs need to drive customer-centric transformation—through marketing and beyond.
Key strategic takeaways
Based on research by Hootsuite and Altimeter Group, and featuring additional insights from Forrester, Gartner and others, we identify the key considerations for CMOs seeking to leverage the enterprise-wide value of social:
- Focus on cross-functional ways to build brand with customers, employees, and other stakeholders
- Use social and digital data to inform decision-making across your organization
- Connect digital and business KPIs to measure the top and bottom line impacts of digital efforts
- Improve feedback loops to build customer-centric strategies and engage more directly in brand discussions
of socially mature organizations agree social has improved key brand health measures
report social media empowers them to reach prospective customers more efficiently than other media
What’s social ever done for you?
Brands that broadly leverage social media across the organization to engage with key audiences are more likely to:
- Build stronger relationships with those stakeholders
- See better results from their digital investments
- Accelerate the cultural transformation needed for digital transformation