HOOTSUITE TRUST CENTER
Hootsuite uses Amazon Web Services (AWS) to host its cloud infrastructure. AWS is a secure cloud services platform, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help us continue to grow with our customers.
AWS security and operational processes for its network and infrastructure services are documented in here: Amazon Web Services: Overview of Security Processes. This document includes an overview of AWS’s data centre controls, including:
- Physical and Environmental Security
- Fire Detection and Suppression
- Climate and Temperature
- Storage Device Decommissioning
- AWS uses the techniques detailed in NIST 800-88 (“Guidelines for Media Sanitization”) as part of the decommissioning process.
- Amazon’s infrastructure fault tolerant design
- Core applications are deployed in an N+1 configuration, so that in the event of a data center failure, there is sufficient capacity to enable traffic to be load-balanced to the remaining sites.
Customers can obtain further details of AWS’ compliance and security position via their website at: