Social Transformation of West Midlands Police
One of England's largest police forces resolves cases faster with less resources
- Resource Type
- Case Study
England’s second largest force, West Midlands Police, is pioneering the use and adoption of social media across the nation’s police forces. More than 260 Twitter accounts and eight Facebook Pages are monitored, tracked, and managed from one dashboard.West Midlands Police use Hootsuite to achieve the following results:
- 12 Minutes to find a missing man after an appeal was posted to Facebook
- 24 hours to identify accused assailant after CCTV video shared on Facebook and Twitter
- Significant decrease in emergency calls after Twitter campaign highlighted the national non-emergency number
- Improved social services using less time and resources
- Strengthened sense of trust and credibility between force and community
Download the case study to learn how England’s second largest police force has transformed its social media activity to resolve cases faster using less resources.
It is invaluable for saving money and time—not having to send officers out to find and arrest someone when people hand themselves in is a great example. Now that we’re seeing these direct results and tangible benefits, social media is becoming more and more a part of the police job.