These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) govern the “#IWorkFromHere” contest (the “Contest”) offered by Hootsuite Media Inc. (“Hootsuite”), a Canadian corporation with a registered office at 5 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5T 4S8. By participating, contestants acknowledge and agree to be bound by these Terms and the decisions of Hootsuite, which are final.
- Eligibility and Entry. Entry is open to any person 18 years or older (or older age of majority required by the laws of the jurisdiction of residence of the contestant) from 12:00 am PST on May 19, 2016 until 11:59 pm PST on July 1, 2016 (the “Contest Period”).
To enter the Contest contestants must download the Hootsuite mobile app onto their iOS or Android smartphone, post a photo of where they work on Twitter and/or Instagram and include the hashtag “#IWorkFromHere” and tag @hootsuite.
No purchase necessary. Multiple entries (posts) are allowed. A contestant may only enter the Contest if the Contest does not breach any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident. Void where prohibited by law. contestants are solely responsible for determining whether the Contest breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
Entries must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of Hootsuite, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content, content containing unsolicited commercial messages (spam), or content that infringes on the intellectual property rights of a person.
Watermarks are unacceptable. Unless Hootsuite receives a non-watermarked version of the entry within ten days following its request, the entry will be disqualified.
The Contest is not open to employees, contractors, ambassadors and other representatives of Hootsuite or its affiliated companies or their immediate families, or to anyone professionally connected with the Contest. Hootsuite reserves the right to review the eligibility of the potential winners before the Prizes are awarded. Hootsuite accepts no responsibility for late entries or entries not received for any reason. All entries become the property of Hootsuite.
The prize (the “Prize”) consists of two roundtrip flights anywhere in the world departing from the winner's gateway up to a maximum value of three thousand US dollars (USD$3,000.00).
The Prize must be redeemed in full for one travel booking at one time no later than Sept 30th, 2016 for travel completed by Dec 31st, 2016. A travel voucher (the “Voucher”) valid towards any travel products or services will be provided by Flight Centre’s preferred service providers, excluding travel insurance (“travel product”). If the booking including taxes is greater than the amount of the Voucher, the difference is to be paid by the winner. Any remaining and unused balance of the Voucher is forfeited if not used in full towards the Prize travel booking. Other exclusions to Prize include, but are not limited to, meals, incidentals and travel insurance.
All incidental expenses associated with collection, redemption, and usage of Prize are the responsibility of the winner. This Prize must be taken as offered and is neither transferable nor redeemable for cash. No Prize substitutions are permitted except as may be necessary due to unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
Travel insurance is at winner’s expense and highly recommended. It is the sole responsibility and liability of the Prize winner to obtain all necessary travel documentation including valid passports and visas, as applicable and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements. It is recommended that the Prize winners consult a physician prior to travel to determine the advisability of immunizations and inoculations that may be appropriate.
The winner of the Prize is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to the Prize. The Prize is offered “as is” with no written, express, or implied warranty.
- Draw. The Contest winner will be selected at random by Hootsuite from among the eligible contestants within 48 hours after the end of the Event. All decisions are final and binding in all respects. The potential winner will be notified via e-mail and/or telephone, within 48 hours after the end of the Contest Period. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Terms, if a Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a Prize is rejected, the potential winner will be disqualified and the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Instructions on claiming a Prize will be emailed to the winner within 30 days of winner verification. Undeliverable prizes will not be awarded. If the potential winner is resident in Canada, the potential winner will be required to correctly answer a timed mathematical skill testing question before being deemed the winner of a Prize. The odds of winning the Prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Proof of Age. Winners may be asked to provide Hootsuite with proof of date of birth, or parental consent in writing, before receiving a Prize.
- Administration of the Contest.
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Hootsuite which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Hootsuite reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
Proof of entering information on Hootsuite’s mobile app is not considered proof of delivery or receipt by Hootsuite.
Hootsuite disclaims all responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, problem or technical malfunctions, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, through mobile apps or at any website, or any combination thereof, which may limit contestants’ ability to participate in the Contest.
Where the Contest involves access or use of a third party website (“Third Party Website”), you understand and agree that: (a) Hootsuite has no control over the Third Party Website whatsoever; (b) you are solely and fully responsible for your use of the Third Party Website; and (c) Hootsuite disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any harm resulting from you use of any Third Party Website.
Hootsuite reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify, and seek any applicable legal remedies and damages from, any individual or contestant breaching these Terms or tampering with the entry process or the Contest in any way.
- Release of Liability.
The winner is responsible for obtaining any travel insurance, if desired, and assumes all risk of travel related to the Prize.
By entering the Contest, each contestant (including the winner) hereby releases and saves Hootsuite, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, suppliers, sponsors (including Flight Centre), advisors and agents harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest; or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of the Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- Publicity. The winner, in accepting a Prize, consents to Hootsuite’s use of their name, for purposes of advertising, trade and promotion in any and all media, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- Governing Law. These Terms and the Contest are governed by laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada and all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms and the Contest must be resolved in the courts of the Province of British Columbia, Canada sitting at Vancouver.
- Winner. For the name of the winner of the Prize, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: #IWorkFromHere Contest Winner Request, 5 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5T 1R6.
- Termination. Hootsuite reserves the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice.