Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
As Web Strategist at Hootsuite, you are a guiding force behind new web initiatives on Hootsuite.com. You initiate and lead new web projects, and work with the web operations team as the strategy point person throughout the project’s lifecycle—ensuring alignment among various company stakeholders and Hootsuite’s organizational objectives.
You are a very strong and well-rounded digital marketer with a swiss army knife of experiences. You understand how to leverage UX, copy, design, and SEO, and combine these elements for the purpose of increasing conversions and other key performance indicators.
With 4+ years experience, you are creative and able to see big picture strategies as well as uncover hidden opportunities that help drive business objectives.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to become an integral part of our growing team, keep reading!
What You'll Be Doing...
- Proactively scan the horizon to identify new web project opportunities to drive business (traffic and conversions) across Hootsuite.com
- Prioritize new web projects by projected business impact and cost / resources required to implement
- Create clear web project briefs that include goals and objectives, KPI values, target personas, core benefits and value propositions
- Conduct stakeholder interviews, customer research, and analyze data to discover meaningful information and key insights that will inform strategic decisions
- Regularly present strategic recommendations clearly articulating digital strategies and tactics to growth and marketing stakeholders
- Map user journeys, plan web content hierarchies, and develop high level wireframes
- Audit, conceptualize, and prioritize compelling website content
- Initiate and lead strategy for web optimization experiments
- Analyze and share reports and presentations detailing the success (or failure) of projects as well as key learnings
- Stay on top of and educate team on digital trends and bring forward new digital concepts, ideas and approaches
You’re Great At...
- Identifying new opportunities to grow business (conversions, traffic) on a website across prospects and customer segments
- Identifying potential ROI / business impact of web projects
- Identifying potential flaws in web design, copy, and user experience
- Conducting primary customer research and using Google Analytics to pull reports, gather insights and guide decision making
- Clearly articulating and presenting web content strategies
- Crafting compelling website copy and content hierarchies
- Developing wireframes and user acquisition flows / funnels
- Running conversion optimization experiments
- Google Analytics Qualification
- Experience working with SAAS businesses and/or digital marketing agency