Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
At Hootsuite, our focus is on understanding our customers’ challenges and providing innovative solutions to solve them. We do this by building, buying and partnering to bring world class products to market. You and your team are responsible for the buying and partnering. We’ve proven with 9 acquisitions and hundreds of partnerships to-date, business and corporate development are essential growth vectors at Hootsuite.
Your focus is leading and mentoring your team of 3 through all aspects of the deal lifecycle, including sourcing, negotiations, due diligence, closing, integration and launch - growing the business through new partnerships & strategic acquisitions.
As a potential candidate, you have experience working in B2B SaaS and a proven record for identifying, closing and launching global partnerships and M&A. We’re looking for a strong understanding of software referral and reselling agreements as well as 10+ years in a Business Development or Corporate Development Role, complemented with 7 + years of experience managing a team.
You’re Great At...
- Aligning corporate & business development priorities to company vision & strategy
- Building a partner/M&A roadmap that is informed by a deep understanding of company strategy and build/buy/partner tradeoffs
- Getting buy-in from key stakeholders on important partnership and M&A priorities
- Identifying potential partners and M&A targets that will help accelerate the growth of Hootsuite’s business
- Building, managing and leveraging a strong network to help identify opportunities
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with bankers, advisors, and other sources of deal flow
- Leveraging CRM and other partner/pipeline management tools to develop and maintain a robust pipeline of partnership & M&A targets
- Analyzing options and making recommendations regarding partnership and M&A alternatives
- Building deep and lasting relationships with partners, targets and their founders
- Leading complex contract negotiations, working closely with legal and other internal stakeholders to come to agreement
- Completing work review agreements and lead diligence effort on new opportunities
- Working closely with a broad group of internal and external stakeholders to integrate acquired companies
- Partnering with sales and marketing to launch new partnerships and products
- Working closely with cross functional teams to build and execute on GTM strategies for partners
- Managing a highly engaged team of business & corporate development professionals, facilitating career growth and professional development
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in a Business Development/Corporate Development Role
- 7+ years of managing a team
- Proven record of identifying, closing and launching global partnerships
- Experience leading or exposure to M&A transactions
- A strong understanding of software referral and reselling agreements
- Experience working on B2B SaaS partnerships
- Exceptionally strong PPT presentation and Excel modelling skills
- Knowledge of social media and the broader marketing technology space
- Extensive M&A experience
- Strong understanding of SaaS technologies and integrations
- Deep knowledge and experience in Social Relationship Platform space including Social Marketing, Social Selling and Social Support