We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
Meet the Team...
Hootsuite’s Production Operations and Delivery team are a group of software and systems developers responsible for the availability and responsiveness of our applications and services. We work with every development team in the organization to ensure smooth, fast operation and to build for the future. We value a culture of constant learning and experimentation over resting on past accomplishments and attitude and aptitude over specific industry experience.
Who You Are...
You want a job that provides you the freedom and autonomy to experiment with new technology at scale. Your best work is done with a team of talented individuals working to support each other to reliably deliver value to your peers in development.
You are able to expertly operate and develop software. You can foresee the operational challenges of a software choice, but also build operational flexibility to enable software innovation. You might be a seasoned operator who has learned to code, or a wise developer that understands the care and feeding of systems. When a new product has scalability questions, you swoop in to the rescue - and if asked for advice early in a project, you can help avoid danger. Above all, you prefer solutions that "just work" - and can prioritize solutions according to cost/benefit. Understanding that the reason we write software is to deliver value to customers, you are able to deliver monitoring and observability to ensure that you catch errors as early as possible. Because some issues make it past even the best automation, you are also happy to take accountability for the systems you run by taking on call responsibilities. You are constantly seeking out new challenges and opportunities to learn new technologies and are passionate about sharing these ideas and helping others to see the value.
You’re Great at...
- Containerization and clustered scheduling (Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes)
- Managing and maintaining distributed systems and microservices at scale (messaging queues, event buses, distributed KVS, etc.)
- Linux administration and debugging skills (bash, strace, tcpdump)
- Extensive experience with a programming language (Python, Ruby, Go, Scala)
- Extensive experience with a configuration management tool (Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience and solid understanding of cloud computing (AWS, GCE)
- Experience with system monitoring tools (Sensu, Nagios)
- Experience designing and deploying systems, caches and databases to production environments
- Working with the challenges of high traffic SaaS (25,000-30,000 req/sec at peak)
- Researching operational practices and technologies and working to integrate them into operational practices
- Experience with application observability tools (StatsD, Graphite, ELK, Sumo Logic)
- Managing software deployment systems - source control, continuous integration, unit/acceptance/functional testing frameworks (github, Jenkins)
- Management of relational and/or non-relational databases (MySQL, MongoDB, CockroachDB)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.