Hopefully you have done some proper testing on your app. Here are some tests to consider adding to your QA list before submitting for review.
Can a user…
- login to the app from a stream / plugin
- logout from a settings (cog icon) menu
- logout and login as another user
- be redirected to a logged in app after login
- navigate away from a HS Dashboard tab and come back logged in
Retain User Settings
The App will retain any user settings saved in the stream from one session to another (ex: User sets a search filter to a stream, the app will retain that filter next time the user accesses Hootsuite). Can't have users typing in "Cat Dancing Videos" in the app search bar every time they leave a Hootsuite tab.
Hootsuite Look and Feel
Does your app look and behave like a typical Hootsuite app? Well it should. Here are some UX and UI features that your app should consider:
- Use the HS stylesheet, it’s your friend
- Take a look at other apps, play around with them, see how they function
Latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE 9+
We’re going to need the ability to test the app when it is being reviewed as well as demo the app when it has launched. Provide 2 demo accounts with these requirements:
- Account 1: email@example.com
- Account 2: firstname.lastname@example.org
- They don’t expire
- Have enough permissions to test the app’s full functionality
The testing process will go much faster if you have already included sufficient test data in those 2 demo accounts. Here are some guidelines for great test data:
- Enough posts in stream to test infinite scroll - show us the goods!
- No http images/videos served (only https) - stay secure!
- No offensive language, images or videos - #$@$ that!