We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
Who You Are…
You are an integral part of the Growth Optimization team. You are responsible for driving business growth by uncovering, identifying, and surfacing insights that can be acted on. You discover these insights through qualitative and quantitative analysis, and work with Growth Strategists to see these insights and ideas through iterative experimentation.
You have a solid understanding of Freemium, self-serve, and SaaS business models. You love building dashboards, performing exploratory analysis, answering difficult questions, and helping the team drive growth. You are curious, proactive, and always building a better way.
- Identifying the largest growth opportunities and prioritize where to focus our growth optimization attention and efforts.
- Uncovering, surfacing, and acting on insights that are discovered through quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Seeing your insights come to life by working with Growth Strategists to A/B test ideas throughout the customer journey (Acquisition, Conversion, Retention, and Monetization).
- Building, recommending, and improving dashboards, reports and metrics to help provide clarity around business and growth performance.
- Supporting Growth Strategists to think through complex problems and help answer questions using data and insights.
- Presenting data and insights in a clear and concise manner through the use of visuals, slide decks, and in unconventional ways. #thinkdifferent
You’re Great At…
- Understanding how Freemium and self-serve business models operate and grow.
- Great handle on growth specific metrics such as acquisition, retention, monetization, and churn.
- Ability to leverage the power of R or Python in building reproducible and concise analysis. #dataninja
- Creating SQL queries, specifically PostgreSQL.
- Using Tableau or equivalent BI tools like Spotfire and QlikView to create fast, informative insights into data.
- Using web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Collaborating with stakeholders and helping them uncover insights into their initiatives.
- A proven self starter with top notch presentation and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and agility to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Being flexible and able to context switch on a dime.
- Juggling multiple projects and executing at the highest level.
- You like to have fun and geek out on data!
- Knowledge in data preparation, collection, and cleansing (ETL) process.
- We use GitHub to share projects and source control our work so if you know how to use a Git repo then you are ahead of the game!
- Statistics and experimental methodology (e.g. A/B testing).
- Knowledge or experience with Google Analytics.
- Previous SaaS or tech startup experience.