Comunicados de prensa
HootSuite Adds Translation, Geo-Location and Facebook to iPhone App
HootSuite releases a new version of the social media dashboard tool for iPhone platform, featuring translation to & from 50+ languages, geo-location tagging, Facebook Profile and Page integration, and a number of interface enhancements.
This release will assist marketers in updating campaigns and tracking international brand mentions, as well as travelers seeking info in foreign lands and sharing locations with friends. The popular app already allows updating and managing multiple Twitter accounts, on-board statistics tracking, and real-time keyword searches.
April 30, 2010, Vancouver, CANADA — As social networking activity continues to grow, HootSuite adds more functionality to the iPhone App version of the popular social media dashboard. Designed for managing multiple Twitter accounts for business or organizations, the new HootSuite for iPhone adds new tools including instant language translation, geo-location, and Facebook integration — along with several key interface enhancements.
With this release, HootSuite offers unique features with immediate benefits for mobile communicators:
- Translation — Understand brand sentiment in a of variety languages, plus post Twitter and Facebook updates and be understood most anywhere in the world
- Facebook – Post to Profiles and multiple Fan Pages from anywhere, plus interact with news and status updates from your friends and fans
- Geo-location — Include your exact coordinates with your Twitter updates — ideal for sharing favorite places and coordinating with your friends and colleagues for meet-ups
- Reply to All — One small click will save you many fingertaps — tap “reply all” to pre-populate a message with all the recipients in the original
- Design — Find your way around the App more quickly and elegantly with interface refinements, including a landscape view for composing Twitter updates
- Labs — Some ideas aren’t quite ready but are close enough to share. Visit HootSuite Labs on the iPhone for a beta of our “Bump™ to Follow” feature
Recently returned from Chirp, the official Twitter developer’s conference, HootSuite CEO Ryan Holmes points out,
“In light of Twitter acquiring (iPhone app) Tweetie and releasing @anywhere technology, HootSuite continues to explore a unique space as a multi-purpose social communication tool for professionals and groups using social media to spread messages, monitor conversations, and track results.”
HootSuite explores the new features in a video clip on the company blog showing “owls” using HootSuite for iPhone around the world. In addition, the Help Desk is updated with additional articles to help users get started using the new features.
This update is available immediately for the Full (paid) version in the iTunes App store. An update for the ad-supported Lite version will follow shortly at no cost. The Full version costs $2.99 and adds unlimited social accounts and on-board statistics tracking.
In a busy month for the company, HootSuite also released a set of Team Collaboration tools for the web-based version, free and premium versions for the Google Android mobile platform, and a Pro-Certification Learning program.
“Bump” is ™ of Bump Technologies, Inc. http://bu.mp/