Comunicados de prensa
Hootsuite Launches Free Online Social Media Education Program
Podium meets growing demand for social media skills in the workplace
VANCOUVER, BC - SEPTEMBER 22, 2015 - Hootsuite, the most widely used platform for managing social media, today launches Podium, a free online education platform to help people develop modern skills for leveraging social media for business. Podium also offers an industry-leading certification in social media marketing, giving users the opportunity to showcase credible, sought-after skills to employers and clients.
“The role of social media in driving business has seen a huge shift in the past few years, and with that shift we’re seeing a growing skills gap. Across the board, workers not only need to develop these newly required digital skills, but also need to prove and showcase their expertise in a competitive marketplace,” says Ryan Holmes, CEO of Hootsuite.
Demand for social media education has grown rapidly and Podium is the only online social media education program offering all of its education content for free. In fact, jobs that require social media skills have increased 89 percent, making social media one of the top ten fastest growing job trends, according to job site Indeed. Indeed’s Chief Economist, Tara Sinclair emphasized that training in these cutting edge skills is needed to succeed in today’s labor market.
With more than ten million users, Hootsuite has a unique understanding of what it takes to be successful with social media. Already a pioneer in the social media education space with Hootsuite University, Podium reflects Hootsuite's continued commitment to helping professionals grow their business and excel in their careers. Job seekers, freelancers, social media managers, and other professionals can access:
- All six Podium courses for free - More than 40 short, tactical videos with tips and strategies on the fundamentals of social media marketing, including content marketing and social advertising
- A self-paced education experience - Online and on-demand, students can learn at their own pace
- A community forum - Ask questions and learn from other experienced professionals
- Hootsuite Certification in Social Media Marketing - Recognized credentials from the industry leader in social media
- Listing in public Social Media Professionals directory - Certified professionals gain visibility with prospective employers and clients
“The video modules in Podium are very easy to follow. They're broken up into bite-sized chunks of information that walk you through the entire social media marketing process. This training is valuable for anyone looking to manage their social media profiles in an effective manner,” says Koka Sexton, Content Marketing and Social Media Team, Corporate Communications at LinkedIn.
- To sign up for free education with Podium visit https://hootsuite.com/podium
- Blog Post - http://blog.hootsuite.com/podium