CONTEST PRIZE DRAW: BE IN TO WIN a Hootsuite and Brandalism Bag Packed with Swag
NSW Trade Promotion Lottery Permit Number LTPS/19/31760
These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) govern the “#HootsuiteBrandalism” contest (the “Contest”) offered by Hootsuite Inc. (“Hootsuite”), a Canadian corporation. By participating, contestants acknowledge and agree to be bound by these Terms and the decisions of Hootsuite, which are final.
- Eligibility and Entry.
- Entry is open to any person 18 years or older (or older age of majority required by the laws of the jurisdiction of residence of the contestant) from 12:00 am AEDT on February 06, 2019 until 11:59 pm AEDT on March 10, 2019 (the “Contest Period").
- To enter the Contest contestants must share a social media post that highlights how they or their business have championed the business brand or made a positive brand impact in their community and include the hashtag #HootsuiteBrandalism in the post copy.
- No purchase necessary. Multiple entries (posts) are allowed. A contestant may only enter the Contest if the Contest does not breach any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants are solely responsible for determining whether the Contest breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
- Entries must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of Hootsuite, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content, content containing unsolicited commercial messages (spam), or content that infringes on the intellectual property rights of a person.
- Watermarks are unacceptable. Unless Hootsuite receives a non-watermarked version of the entry within ten days following its request, the entry will be disqualified.
- The Contest is not open to employees, contractors, ambassadors and other representatives of Hootsuite or its affiliated companies or their immediate families, or to anyone professionally connected with the Contest. Hootsuite reserves the right to review the eligibility of the potential winners before the Prizes are awarded. Hootsuite accepts no responsibility for late entries or entries not received for any reason.
- The prize (the “Prize”) consists of one branded Hootsuite backpack with Hootsuite and Brandalism merchandise “swag” to the maximum value of two hundred and thirty Australian dollars (AUD$230.00).
- All incidental expenses associated with collection, redemption, and usage of Prize are the responsibility of the winner. This Prize must be taken as offered and is neither transferable nor redeemable for cash. No Prize substitutions are permitted except as may be necessary due to unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- Draw. All eligible entrants will have their social media account name added into a barrel and the Contest winner will be selected at random by a Hootsuite representative. The winner will be drawn before 5pm on the 12th of March 2019 at the venue: Tea Room, Queen Victoria Building, Level 3, 455 George Street, Sydney, NSW. The winner must be present at the venue to collect the Prize, has 4 minutes to claim the Prize from the time their name is announced and will be required to verify their social account. Representatives or associates of the winner will not be able to collect the prize on the winner’s behalf. If the winner is not present at the time of the draw, a redraw will take place until the winner steps forward. All decisions by Hootsuite are final and binding in all respects.
- Proof of Age. Winners may be asked to provide Hootsuite with proof of date of birth, or parental consent in writing, before receiving a Prize.
- Administration of the Contest.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Hootsuite which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Hootsuite reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- Hootsuite disclaims all responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, problem or technical malfunctions, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, through mobile apps or at any website, or any combination thereof, which may limit contestants’ ability to participate in the Contest.
- Where the Contest involves access or use of a third party website (“Third Party Website”), you understand and agree that: (a) Hootsuite has no control over the Third Party Website whatsoever; (b) you are solely and fully responsible for your use of the Third Party Website; and (c) Hootsuite disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any harm resulting from you use of any Third Party Website.
- Hootsuite reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify, and seek any applicable legal remedies and damages from, any contestant breaching these Terms or tampering with the entry process or the Contest in any way.
- Release of Liability.
- By entering the Contest, each contestant (including the winner) hereby releases and saves Hootsuite, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, suppliers, sponsors, and partners (including Brandalism), advisors and agents harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest; or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of the Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- Publicity. The winner, in accepting a Prize, consents to Hootsuite’s use of their name, for purposes of advertising, trade and promotion in any and all media, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- Use of Information. By participating in this Contest, each contestant agrees:
- that the content it provides in connection with this Contest is accurate, it has the right to provide that content for use by Hootsuite, and that content does not infringe the rights of any third party; and
- to allow Hootsuite and related entities to share all content it has provided in connection with the Contest and in connection with Hootsuite’s general marketing activities, including posts on social media that have used the hashtag #HootsuiteBrandalism.
- Governing Law. These Terms and the Contest are governed by laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia and all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms and the Contest must be resolved in the courts of the State of New South Wales, Australia sitting at Sydney.
- Termination. Hootsuite reserves the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice.