We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
Who You Are
The Product Infrastructure team is looking for a talented leader with a strong technical and management background to build the next generation platform powering the Hootsuite product. Our group mission is to make our products extensible, consistent, connected, manageable and reliable.
As a Manager, you will lead your team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the platform. You will interface with several internal teams including Product Management, Design, other Engineering teams and Production Operations Delivery. In order to succeed, you must be comfortable in bridging the business and technical domains.
Reporting to the Development Director, you will play an active role in growing our people, processes, and technology. You will be responsible for the delivery of software from your team.
Our team is all about communication, collaboration and having fun while working effectively. Egos are checked at the door and we’re committed to helping each other achieve our common goals. Regardless of title, everyone on our team is empowered to #buildabetterway.
You’re Great at..
- Building performant, scalable and fault-tolerant infrastructure using tools like Scala, Go, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Building a world-class development team capable of delivering outstanding results through Agile rapid iterations
- Designing and developing state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
- Cultivating engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
- Providing thought leadership and establishing technical vision for the team together with our staff engineers and portfolio architects
- Being a strong mentor and coach by helping your team see their potential and guiding the career growth of your teammates
- ‘Working out loud’ within Hootsuite and the broader community
- Recognizing opportunities to eliminate inefficiencies in our systems and processes
- 5+ years experience planning, designing, developing and delivering consumer software
- 5+ years leading teams of 5+ engineers as a People Manager in a software development organization
- Hands-on experience with design and development of highly scalable web services and systems
- Experience with Microservices and Service Oriented Architecture
- Knowledge of interpreted (PHP, Python) and compiled (Java, Scala, Go) languages
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Working with REST APIs (bonus if you’ve worked with social network APIs)
- Startup experience
- Open source contributions
- Personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
- A keen interest in social media
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.