Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You're an experienced Software Developer, with more than 3 years of web application development experience, who can easily switch between the front-end and back-end. You're comfortable collaborating in small teams to design, build and ship high quality software and experienced in iterating in an agile fashion.
You’re comfortable working closely with designers and outside stakeholders to build both awesome UI/UX components and systems, as well as backend services and APIs that can process millions of request per day. You have experience liaising and collaborating with other departments in determining requirements and specifications.
You love to coach, lead and nurture the development of more junior developers while sharing your knowledge within the team along with the broader technical community, all the while shaping our software development culture by improving our processes and codebases.
You want to join us in using exciting new technologies to build the next generation of one of the most visible, and prominently placed components of the Hootsuite product.
You are super smart and have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or have equivalent work experience.
You’re Great At...
- Building high-volume, highly available, and distributed server applications, hence you have a portfolio of web apps you’ve played a key role in shipping
- PHP, Scala, MySQL (or other RDMBS) and Redis
- Working with REST APIs (bonus if you’ve worked with Twitter or Facebook APIs)
- Creating automated test suites and ensuring quality in your code
- Using front end tools like grunt, bower etc.
- Optimizing and applying best practices
- Interest in startups
- Mobile development experience (native or phonegap)
- Passion for social media and new ideas
- Effective communicator
- Drive to succeed in a fast pace and continuously evolving environment
- Love social media
- You have open source contributions or personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
#LI - ER1