Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You're an experienced Web Developer with a strong understanding and knowledge of the front-end. You're comfortable collaborating in small teams to design, build and ship high quality software and experienced in iterating in an agile fashion, creating hypotheses and testing with incremental code shipments. You are super smart and have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or have equivalent work experience.
You’re Great At...
- Building high-performance, large-scale, distributed websites, hence you have a portfolio of websites you’ve played a key role in shipping
- Building automated testing workflow
- Helping shape our long-term technical roadmap as we scale our infrastructure and build new products
- Experience with JS libraries: jQuery, Backbone, Node.js
- Experience with CSS pre-processor(s): Sass, Less, etc...
- Experience with templating engine(s): Twig, Blade, Jinja, etc...
- Knowledge of PHP & MySQL (or other RDBMS)
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks: Symfony2, Yii or Laravel
- Experience working with data-handling via AJAX, JSON, and REST APIs.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. ezPublish, Craft, Drupal, WordPress)
- Experience integrating into backend MV* frameworks
- Champion of optimization and performance best practices
- Passionate about automation, including writing unit and integration tests
- Keen practitioner of Agile Scrum and continuous delivery
- Open source contributions or have personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
- Experience with task runner(s): Grunt, Gulp
- Familiarity with Vagrant for local development
- Experience building websites and/or web applications in a modular, component-based approach