We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
Who You Are...
You have 2 - 5 years of experience writing and editing for professional online publications. You also have at least a basic understanding of social media marketing for business and SEO best practices. When someone needs a blog post to rank for a competitive keyword, they come to you.
Reporting to the Manager, Inbound Marketing, you will use your editing and SEO research skills to ensure that every piece of content on the Hootsuite blog meets our publishing standards and takes advantage of all search opportunities. You will mentor junior blog writers on SEO writing best practices and work to improve others productivity. You will also regularly write for the blog under your own byline, producing high-performing content that drives traffic and leads.
You're Great At...
- Producing regular blog content under your own byline that consistently meets and exceeds traffic and lead generation targets
- Contributing to editorial processes to ensure all content published on the Hootsuite blog meets brand standards and is aligned with marketing personas
- Overseeing content calendar planning process, ensuring alignment with campaigns and approved stakeholder requests
- Developing and mentoring coworkers on SEO research and writing best practices
- Pitching creative projects to manager, stakeholders, and team members. Plays a strategic role in the development, launch, and success of those initiatives
- Leading the guest contributor program on the Hootsuite blog, vetting pitches for persona fit and ensuring all submissions meet publishing standards
- Supporting product marketing priorities and campaigns by collaborating closely with partner teams and internal stakeholders
- Contributing to blog performance tracking and reporting
- Masterful writing, editing, and research abilities
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent workplace experience
- Experience working across teams, pitching and owning special projects, and providing direction to others
- Proven track record of producing content that contributes to business results
- Demonstrated social and digital media knowledge and expertise
- Passion for social media
- Advanced knowledge of SEO techniques and best practices
- Unflinching adaptability
- Insatiable desire to learn