With multiple users tweeting over a single corporate profile, social media teams are facing new challenges. How do you differentiate each voice to add some personality behind the brand, and how do you provide accountability?
One solution is to initial tweets to clearly identify which team member is posting on behalf of the brand. Hootsuite’s built-in Auto-Initialing, available to Pro customers, is a convenient tool that pre-populates each tweet (or social message) with initials at the end.
Auto-Initialing adds the following value to your audience and your team:
- Personality: Helps individual voices to shine through and injects personality into social.
- Accountability: Allows community managers to keep track of who tweeted which update.
- Familiarity: Emphasizes – and differentiates – the human identity behind the tweets.
For example, building a trusting relationship with brand ambassadors is important for social customer service.
How to enable and add Auto-Initialing
To enable the Auto-Initialing feature:
- In your Hootsuite dashboard, select Settings from the side menu and select Account.
- The popup window should open to the Profile page. Under the Initials box, enter the team member’s (or your own) initials.
- Next, check the Auto-initial when composing messages? box.
- Save Account Info and you’re all set.
Now that you’ve enabled Auto-Initialing, your Hootsuite social message box is automatically populated with your initials, ^SM, for example.