Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You're an experienced Software Developer, with more than 8 years of web application development experience, who can easily switch between the front-end and back-end. You bring your wealth of experience and technical expertise to build and ship high quality software,iterating in an agile environment.
You’re comfortable working closely with designers and outside stakeholders to build both awesome UI/UX components and systems, backend services and APIs that can process millions of request per day. You have experience liaising and collaborating with other departments in determining requirements and specifications.
You have a proven track record of taking ownership of projects, development processes, and best practices, for the overall benefit of the team and organization. You love to coach, lead and nurture the development of developers in new technologies and practices, sharing your knowledge within the team along with the broader technical community.
You want to join us in using exciting new technologies to build the next generation of one of the most visible, and prominently placed components of the Hootsuite product.
You are super smart and have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or have equivalent work experience.
You’re Great At...
- Architecting and building high performance single page applications with React JS or other JS framework
- Building high-volume, highly available, and distributed server applications, hence you have a portfolio of web apps you’ve played a key role in shipping
- Mentoring junior, intermediate and senior developers to make them and their teams more productive.
- Working with REST APIs (bonus if you’ve worked with Twitter or Facebook APIs)
- Creating automated test suites and ensuring quality in your code
- Optimizing and applying best practices
- Passion for social media and new ideas
- Love contributing to open source
- Effective communicator
- Drive to succeed in a fast pace and continuously evolving environment
- You have open source contributions or personal projects you’ve shipped successfully