Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for working with the development team in the design and development of new product features to support Labs product initiatives. You are a full-stack developer in that you can work with databases, servers, back-end business logic and API’s as well as understanding front end development. As project requirements will vary from project to project, you are able to work within a mobile stack as well as a web stack. You understand sound product development process, how to manage development of an Epic, liaise with other departments, and can work with our DevOps team to measure the success of your projects with clear, objective metrics. You are comfortable seeing features through from ideation to implementation and delivery and owning the technical portion of the work throughout the life cycle.
You’re Great At...
- Collaborating with a designer, product owner, and your engineering team to deliver compelling user-facing features
- Operating in a startup environment (ie. working autonomously, needing little direction, comfortable with some ambiguity, etc.)
- Building large web applications using Python, Node.js, Ruby, Scala or Java
- Designing and building REST APIs
- Using NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or SQL databases such as PostgreSQL
- Designing algorithms, data structures and applying design patterns
- Shipping awesome software every single day
- Being a productive member of a scrum team and actively improving team processes
- Being resourceful in identifying problems and collaborating with others to provide the best solution possible
- You've built mobile apps on iOS or Android using technologies like Ionic, React, Swift, Objective C or Java
- Have startup or product experience
- Created open source contributions or have personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
- You are active in local and online developer communities
- You have interest in designing UI interactions with HTML and CSS
- A love for social media