Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You’re a driven self-starter, with an excellent knowledge of the customer support and contact center management industry, having spent at least 5 years building your career in a comparable technology company. You’re an excellent team player with proven experience in collaborating effectively with a diverse International team. You genuinely care about the success of your team, which coupled with your strong leadership allows you to motivate, develop, empower, and energize those with whom you work, teaching others the skills they need to effectively deliver on their goals and grow their careers. You have no problems challenging the status quo, and actively seek to improve efficiencies, optimize budget spend, lower costs and drive revenue. #unicorn
You’re the go-to person responsible for the day-to-day supervision and implementation of contact center strategies and operations at Hootsuite; improving systems and processes; and managing the extended workforce. You’re great at process creation and streamlining workflows to reduce AHT and ticket touches, balanced with flexibility to ensure that Hootsuite customers receive the best possible customer experience, across all contact channels and locations. You are responsible for monthly planning of expected contact volumes by channel, resulting required spend, as well as the development and implementation of key initiatives to extend coverage in chat, improve phone adoption and enable cross-sell and upsell programs.
You will be responsible for the launch, maintenance and continuous improvement of all of Hootsuite’s Customer Support operations initiatives around the world. Leveraging your leadership, project management and analytical skills, you will manage a team of multi-skilled team members to drive value and efficiencies for the global Customer Support teams.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years as a manager at Hootsuite or a related industry; 5+ year externally working in a call center workforce management environment servicing multiple SLAs and varying KPIs (3 - 5 years of leadership experience),
- At least 3 years of Telephony configuration/routing/skilling experience
- Experience with standard call center applications and systems, including IVR, ACD and WFM.
- Strong understanding of workforce management concepts, including staffing, scheduling and attendance administration.
- Customer support experience, preferably in a SaaS organization
- Excellent knowledge of customer service tools and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to project manage international and cross-functional projects
- Strong leadership skills in order to motivate, develop, empower, and energize those with whom s/he works.
- Proven results leading distributed teams from multiple geographies and disciplines.
- Determine customer support operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses; defining customer requirements; establishing technical specifications, and production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
- Workforce planning and management, establishing real-time monitoring and routing practices along with communication channels in the operations centers to ensure dynamic management of service levels
- Intraday analysis and monitoring of individual advocates and routing allocations across all channels to drive needed change based on all available information. Examples include; service levels, ASA, occupancy, AHT, contacts, staffing, etc.
- Monitor Workforce Management Intraday to see actual results as the day progresses and reforecast service level, ASA, and occupancy as schedules and forecasts change
- Work with regional managers to create schedules based on interval staffing needs and ensure advocate adherence.
- Lead a global team of multi-skilled and varied individuals in the successful management of Hootsuite’s Customer Support business
- Management of Hootsuite’s offshore support team
You’re Great At...
- Managing offshore customer support teams, analyzing advocate performance to increase productivity and minimize downtime with no negative impact on customer satisfaction
- Customer support channel optimization and workforce management to ensure an excellent customer experience
- Annual support operations planning, including monthly headcount, software and travel and other expenditures
- Monthly forecasting of contact volume, optimization of resources to ensure budget management to plan
- Improving workflows, and delivering operational efficiencies that decrease cost and increase advocate productivity
- Managing customer support team tools, software and systems, including building business plans with clear ROI for new expenditure requests
- Comfort with constant iteration and change
- Proven ability to be a strategic thinker and problem solver
- Excellent ability to work cross-functionally on large projects, with input from multiple stakeholders
- Strong Presentation skills, particularly to senior executives
- Project Management certification (PMP, 6 sigma or other)