These Terms and Conditions (the "Terms") govern the "#HootEnhance" contest (the "Contest") offered by Hootsuite Media Inc. "Hootsuite", a Canadian corporation with a registered office at 5 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5T 4S8. By participating, contestants acknowledge and agree to be bound by these Terms and the decisions of Hootsuite, which are final.
- Eligibility and Entry. Entry is open to any person 18 years or older (or older age of majority required by the laws of the jurisdiction of residence of the contestant) from 12:00 am PST on November 15, 2016 until 11:59 pm PST on December 16, 2016 (the “Contest Period”).
To enter the Contest contestants must download the Hootsuite Enhance mobile app (the “App”) onto their iOS smartphone, post a photo using the editing features of the App on Twitter and/or Instagram and include the hashtag “#HootEnhance” and tag @Hootsuite.
No purchase necessary. Multiple entries (posts) are allowed. A contestant may only enter the Contest if the Contest does not breach any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident. Void where prohibited by law. contestants are solely responsible for determining whether the Contest breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
Entries must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of Hootsuite, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content, content containing unsolicited commercial messages (spam), or content that infringes on the intellectual property rights of a person.
Entries must be original and taken by the contestant, with image modifications and customizations performed through the App. Hootsuite may request a non-watermarked version of the entry, failing which (within ten days) the entry will be disqualified.
The Contest is not open to employees, contractors, and other representatives of Hootsuite or its affiliated companies or their immediate families, or to anyone professionally connected with the Contest. Hootsuite reserves the right to review the eligibility of the potential winners before the Prize is awarded. Hootsuite accepts no responsibility for late entries or entries not received for any reason.
All entries become the property of Hootsuite.
The prize (the “Prize”) consists of one prize pack of Hootsuite merchandise with a value of up to USD$100.00.
The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or other substitution of the Prize is permitted, except at the sole option of Hootsuite for a prize of equal or greater value.
All incidental expenses associated with collection of Prize are the responsibility of the winner, other than shipping costs, which will be paid by Hootsuite.
The winner of the Prize is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to the Prize.
The Prize is offered “as is” with no written, express, or implied warranty.
- Draw. The Contest winner will be selected at random by Hootsuite from among the eligible contestants within 48 hours after the end of the Event. All decisions are final and binding in all respects. The potential winner will be notified via social media, e-mail and/or telephone, within 48 hours after the end of the Contest Period. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Terms, if the Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the Prize is rejected, the potential winner will be disqualified and the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Instructions on claiming the Prize will be communciated to the winner within 30 days of winner verification. Undeliverable prizes will not be awarded. If the potential winner is resident in Canada, the potential winner will be required to correctly answer a timed mathematical skill testing question before being deemed the winner of the Prize. The odds of winning the Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Proof of Age. Winners may be asked to provide Hootsuite with proof of date of birth, or parental consent in writing, before receiving the Prize.
- Administration of the Contest.
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to any causes beyond the reasonable control of Hootsuite which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Hootsuite reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
Hootsuite disclaims all responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, problem or technical malfunctions, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, through mobile apps or at any website, or any combination thereof, which may limit contestants’ ability to participate in the Contest.
Where the Contest involves access or use of a third party website (“Third Party Website”), you understand and agree that: (a) Hootsuite has no control over the Third Party Website whatsoever; (b) you are solely and fully responsible for your use of the Third Party Website; and (c) Hootsuite disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any harm resulting from you use of any Third Party Website.
Hootsuite reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify, and seek any applicable legal remedies and damages from, any contestant breaching these Terms or tampering with the entry process or the Contest in any way.
- Release of Liability.
By entering the Contest, each contestant (including the winner) hereby releases and saves Hootsuite, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, suppliers, sponsors, advisors and agents harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest; or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of the Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- Publicity. The winner, in accepting the Prize, consents to Hootsuite’s use of their name, for purposes of advertising, trade and promotion in any and all media, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law
- Governing Law. These Terms and the Contest are governed by laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada and all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms and the Contest must be resolved in the courts of the Province of British Columbia, Canada sitting at Vancouver.
- Winner. For the name of the winner of the Prize, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: #HootEnhance Contest Winner Request, 5 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5T 1R6.
- Termination. Hootsuite reserves the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice.