Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are…
Love technology? High school student in grade 11 or 12, or home schooled? Live in BC?
Hootsuite’s Developers would love to help you develop your technical skills and your knowledge about people, process, and technology by working with you over the summer. You’ll pair with a mentor and work at our Vancouver office side-by-side with a passionate, egoless team having fun building something bigger than themselves. Experience what it’s like to make a difference in people's lives by building the products that our customers turn messages into meaningful relationships.
There are opportunities at Hootsuite in all aspects of technology including software (both mobile and web), operations, and IT.
This is a paid position with a competitive salary.
Application Deadline: April 14th, 2017
Passive learning creates knowledge. Active practice creates skill. - James Clear
Read more about our people, process, and technology on our Code blog http://code.hootsuite.com
See what our university co-ops do and say about working at Hootsuite http://code.hootsuite.com/co-ops/
Check out life inside the Nests at HootsuiteLife on Tumblr
Required Skills, Experience, and Attitude. Who should apply?
- Be at least 16 years old and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- A grade 11 or 12 student in BC, or self-taught/home-schooled in BC, at the time of application.
- Show us what you’ve shipped or a demonstrated interest in programming or technical skill.
- A demonstrated history of creative thinking and collaborative problem solving.
- You do and complete things because you want to, not because you have to.
The Fine Print
- Be available to work full time, 40 hours per week, for 8 weeks starting on July 3rd, 2017.
- Able to find your own accommodation in Vancouver, BC.
- You will need permission from your parents or guardians to accept a position.
- We greatly appreciate cover letters.
Responsibilities. What you’ll do here.
- Work with mentors to learn the craft of software, operations, security, qa developers or IT.
- Collaborate in small teams to design, build, and ship high-quality software to Production.
- Participate in code reviews to continually improve your craft and approach to problem solving.
- Iterate in an agile fashion; creating hypotheses and testing them with incremental changes.
- Work-out-loud by sharing your work and experiences internally and with our community.
- A link to your github account and personal projects you've worked on
- A love for social media
- A love for dogs (we have dogs at our office)
- You will be consulted every step of the way.
- You can participate in the interview process.
- We will ask your permission prior to accepting your daughter, son, or charge.
- We will do as much as we can to help you understand what it’s like to work at Hootsuite.