Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You will work shoulder to shoulder with talented, fun-loving developers working on challenging problems. You will collaborate in small teams to design, build, and ship high quality software to Hootsuite's customers. You will also help shape our long-term technical roadmap as we build the next generation of our mobile apps and APIs. You will iterate in an agile fashion, create hypotheses and test them with incremental releases, and find opportunities to lead by nurturing the development of more junior developers. You’ll share your knowledge within the greater development team as well as within the broader technical community by giving tech talks and writing blog posts. You will help shape our culture by improving our processes and codebases.
You’re Great At...
- Developing and maintaining software using Objective-C and Swift. You are experienced in building, debugging and profiling apps.
- Working with iOS. You understand the ins and outs of the iOS APIs.
- Shipping. You have helped deliver at least one app in the App Store.
- Seeking guidance. You know when you need help and manage yourself accordingly.
- Growing your skills. You learn fast and are are starting to hit the steep part of your growth curve as a developer.
- Working with APIs (REST, 3rd party social network).
- Making customers happy by delivering high quality software products.
- You have your own 5 year plan for becoming a top talent.
- You like to move fast, make decisions, and take calculated risks.
- You have built upon a wide variety of open source projects.