We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
Who You Are...
You're an experienced Senior Software Developer, with more than 7 years of web application development experience, who can easily switch between the front-end and back-end. You bring your wealth of experience and technical expertise to build and ship high-quality software and experienced in iterating in an agile fashion.
You’re comfortable working closely with designers and stakeholders to build both awesome UI/UX components and systems, as well as backend microservices and APIs that can process millions of request per day. You have experience liaising and collaborating with other departments in determining requirements and specifications.
You have a proven track record of taking ownership of projects, development processes, and best practices, for the overall benefit of the team and organization. You love to coach, lead and nurture the development of more junior developers in new technologies and practices, sharing your knowledge within the team along with the broader technical community.
You want to join us in using exciting new technologies to build the next generation of one of the most visible, and prominently placed components of the Hootsuite product.
You are super smart and have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or have equivalent work experience.
You’re Great At...
- Building high-volume, highly available, and distributed server applications, hence you have a portfolio of web apps you’ve played a key role in shipping
- Golang, Java, MySQL (or other RDBMS), and Redis
- Working with REST APIs (bonus if you’ve worked with Twitter or Facebook APIs)
- Creating automated test suites and ensuring quality in your code
- Using front end tools like grunt, bower etc.
- Optimizing and applying best practices
- Interest in hackathons
- Passion for social media and new ideas
- Effective communicator
- Drive to succeed in a fast pace and continuously evolving environment
- Love social media
- You have open source contributions or personal projects you’ve shipped successfully