Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You build highly scalable, fault tolerant, globally distributed web services that are consumed by both internal and external developers. Your code is clean, tight and sprinkled with the right amount of syntactic sugar to run efficiently, and is understandable by your peers.
You thrive working in a small team with other highly skilled developers finding better ways to solve the unique problems that come with service which need to handle 1000s of requests per second. You work in an agile and collaborative fashion discussing with your peers the right way to build the application and how to quickly deliver value to the customer.
Throughout your career you have mentored others on how to be a better developer and leader and shared your knowledge openly with your team and the software community in general. You provide constructive and honest feedback to others and accept it in return without ego.
You may have B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or related experience.
You're Great At....
- Building high-performance, large-scale, distributed server applications - show us a portfolio of web apps you’ve played a key role in shipping
- Data structures and design patterns
- Python, MySQL (or other RDMBS) and key-value stores (Redis, Memcached)
- NoSQL databases
- Designing and working with REST APIs (bonus if you’ve worked with Twitter or Facebook APIs)
- Understanding of programming algorithms
- Cultivating an understanding of the servers and systems your code runs on
- Optimization and performance best practices
- Automation, including writing unit and integration tests
- Moving fast, ship things, make our customers happy, and get things done
- Open source contributions and/or personal projects you’ve shipped
- MongoDB knowledge
- Start up experience
- A love of social media
- You like to have fun
- You like dogs and beer