Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
As a Software Developer at Hootsuite, you'll work on a team of talented and passionate engineers to build and ship industry-leading software that millions depend on, including 75% of the Fortune 1,000 companies.
We’re looking for talented developers who have are interested in building services to support our continuous integration test and deploy process. You also understand front end development and have some familiarity with each layer. You understand sound product development process, how to manage a project, liaise with other departments, and can work with our Test Tooling team in a fast paced, results driven, agile work environment.
At Hootsuite, you’ll get plenty of opportunities to learn, you'll collaborate with other outstanding developers, and you'll play an active role in shaping our product and our culture.
Read about some of the things we're doing here: http://code.hootsuite.com
Who We Are..
The Production Delivery team at Hootsuite is a specialised development team focused on improving all stages of the developer journey, from writing code, all the way up to deploying to production. Working under them, the Test Tooling team is responsible for developing testing frameworks, building automation tools, teaching developers testing practices, and collecting and analysing metrics from our systems and processes to look for ways to make things more reliable and efficient.
Required Skills and Experience...
- 2+ years software development experience
- Understanding of modern testing practices
- Scripting and using Linux Shell
- Building and configuring CI tools such as jenkins
- Full stack web application skills
- Experience with web testing frameworks
- Experience writing automation scripts
- You’re able to ship awesome software to production every single day
- You know how to write APIs and RESTful applications
- Go, React, Nodejs, or Python experience
- Experience with Docker and containerization
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- You are active in local and online developer communities
- You have a cute dog (we allow dogs at work)
- A love for social media