Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You want to make a difference! The Hootsuite Sales Operations and Customer Success teams are driven by a purpose – making a real difference to our customers, not only in meeting their business goals but bringing personal success to all involved. As a Renewal Operations Specialist, your role will be to make it as easy as possible for our customers to renew their contracts, expand their investments, and to navigate the perilous waters of contracts, purchase orders, and financial terms
You will be part of the Revenue Operations team, reporting to the Sales Operations Manager, but will be working directly with the VP, Customer Success and management team to meet the needs of the global Customer Success team.
- Work with our customer success managers to ensure the database of current contracts and renewal opporutnities is maintained accurately
- Create contracts for net new and upsell deals using the Salesforce system
- Check contracts and paperwork for accuracy
- Keep track of the contractual requirements for annual renewals:
- Ensure Customer Success team is aware of all upcoming renewals; track the renewal status of each; flag all renewals requiring specific attention
- Work with CSM’s on how to best construct renewal quotes; taking into account legal, billing and revenue recognition policies
- Create the required paperwork and database updates for each renewal, incorporating and contract amendments (product swaps, upgrades, additional sales, price changes) to give to the CSM
- Work closely with sales and customer success leads and management in ensuring renewal and invoicing timelines are met
You’re Great At...
- At least 2 years working in a sales operations role including direct experience of sales order processing, software contracts, software contract renewals, invoicing and revenue recognition policies
- Dedication to accuracy, timeliness and process
- Excellent mathematical abilities
- Understanding of software sales processes from quote-to-cash
- Experience of working within CRM and Finance systems
- Experience at working with legal teams on customer contractual terms
- Knowledge of GAAP including revenue recognition rules relating to SaaS and Professional Services sales
- Experience with software renewals processes
- Experience of Salesforce.com and Netsuite
- Loves working in a high-paced, team environment
- Always looking for a ‘better way’