Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
Our nest is looking for someone who possesses an allergy to boredom, a zest for all things high-tech and a passion for administration. You are the kind of person that views a process and immediately tries to find a more efficient solution. You thrive in an environment where there is a lot of moving pieces and a need for expert multitasking. You not only know what it takes to make an office run smoothly, you also possess the skills to support heavy growth environments. This role is an excellent fit for those who like things varied, fast paced and generally love to get things done! You are the epitome of a team player and know what it’s like to rely heavily on a small team of wonderful people.
You will be responsible for the first point of contact for our guests and Owls (employees). You will be required to ensure that phones and customer inquiries are answered with diplomacy and a smile while handling multiple requests at a time. You will be expected to do light cleaning (load/unload dishwashers) and restocking products provided throughout the office. You will be expected to handle internal feedback from entry level employees to C-suite with the same professional and attention to detail manner. Most importantly, you will find the fun in every job from the mundane to exciting.
- 2+ years of Administrative experience in a fast paced environment
- Natural leadership qualities and the proven ability to work in a team setting
- Exceptional ability to manage own workflow to ensure quality and efficiency
- Ability to self motivate and require little supervision
- Comfortable collaborating with teammates in different timezones
- Ability to learn new skills and processes quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You’re Great At...
- Supporting daily office coordination at an administrative and reception capacity
- Administering relationships with external supplier and service vendors, ensuring adequate service levels
- Serving full cycle reception functions and operate as first point of contact for guests and employees and answering incoming phone inquiries
- Monitoring and ensure adequate office supplies, kitchen supplies, work station furniture levels, and ordering in a timely manner
- Responding to employee inquiries and complaints
- Coordinating shipping and receiving (courier) for all internal departments
- Assisting with new hire orientation materials and onboarding processes
- Preparing for meetings and events including arranging catering, preparing materials, locations and assisting with event setup and cleanup
- Executing physical space planning, maintenance, and resource management including kitchen duties and overall tidiness
- Budgeting, managing, and recording Administration office expenditures
- Creating and editing internal communications and resource guides
- Supporting coordination of some special events and internal initiatives or projects
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Previous experience within a SaaS company
- Flexibility for some travel