We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
Who You Are...
You are an experienced and strategic communications professional with a passion for driving things forward and building something bigger than yourself. You thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment and have a knack for thinking quick and strategically. Driving results keeps you motivated, and you are known for championing breakthrough ideas and initiatives.
As the Senior Director, Corporate Communications, you will lead a team responsible for thestrategy and execution of a compelling communications program that supports Hootsuite’saggressive business objectives. Working in collaboration with Hootsuite’s executive and marketing leadership team, your goal is to craft a cohesive narrative to help propel Hootsuite and grow its leadership position.
You have 15+ years of corporate communications, PR, external and internal communications experience in software, SaaS and/or social at both private and public companies. Additionally, you bring 10+ years communications leadership experience, with 5+ years agency experience.
- Provide strategic communications counsel to the executive leadership team, including financial communications tailored to a fast-growing, private company
- Develop annual strategic communications plan, determine resource requirements and lead team in execution. This plan includes:
- Public relations
- Industry analyst relations
- Executive communications
- Thought leadership
- Customer advocacy
- Lead the corporate communications team headquartered in Vancouver; provide global oversight, direction, content and corporate best practices for the regional teams
- Manage agency relationships, as an extension of the team, providing strategic direction and motivating them toward success
- Enable and train company spokespeople to deliver consistent and compelling messages
You’re Great At...
- Creating and using strong media and key influencer relationships to drive results
- Mastery of external communications with a fluency in social and the most current communications practices to create a differentiated brand
- Presenting to executive leaders, board members, C-level customers and a variety of internal and external audiences
- Building and executing media campaigns, crisis management plans, and advising C-suite leadership
- Managing agencies and contractors with scalable processes to drive and measure results
- Analytical skills, including an understanding of key financial metrics and communications requirements relevant to a publicly-traded company, as well as IPO communications experience
- Expert writing and editing skills with the ability to write in a variety of styles and media, including business-to-business communications, speechwriting and other corporate communications
- Aligning key stakeholders to decisions, working collaboratively with partners and customers and getting desired stories told