Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
Reporting to the Senior Director, Growth Marketing, you’ll provide strategic leadership in creating global social and advocate marketing programs that extend the voice of Hootsuite on new and existing channels. Working with a team of social superstars, you will own and execute projects reaching various customer segments while meeting Hootsuite’s brand awareness, acquisition and advocacy objectives.
This role is directly responsible for ensuring Hootsuite has a cohesive and consistent online and offline presence that builds advocacy within our customer base and the market at large. This role and its team are based at Global HQ in Vancouver.
You have 8-10+ years experience in marketing, social media, advocacy, community building and content strategy, and 5+ years experience leading a team using strengths-based coaching and development programs.
*All applicants require a valid Canadian work permit and must be located in Vancouver or willing to relocate
Start Date: ASAP
What You'll Be Doing...
- Develop, communicate and oversee a global strategic plan for building Hootsuite's brand and enhancing customer advocacy via social media
- Strategically manage organic and paid social programming across all Hootsuite social channels and communities, driving measurable results around core objectives of awareness, acquisition and advocacy
- Cultivate talent and develop resources needed for organizational success, manage and provide leadership, mentoring, coaching and career development planning for team members
- Direct the Social & Advocate Marketing team to ensure that content and programming being executed is accurate, on-brand, and meets all engagement and success criteria
- Partner with marketing team members and internal stakeholders to develop communication/campaigns to grow awareness for the Hootsuite brand and drive demand across all segments and geographies
- Drive innovative, creative thinking - testing and trying new calls to action, messaging and content mix ratios to keep programs fresh, vibrant and world-class
- Monitor evolving market conditions, customer preferences, emerging technologies, social media metrics and relevant digital trends to enhance digital capabilities and identify implications for social and community programs
- Develop and oversee Hootsuite’s advocacy programs to build reciprocal relationships with power users (employees, brand ambassadors, influencers and partners) and explore high-value partnerships
- Develop and mentor social sophistication of employees through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities #weareasocialcompany
- Develop and manage team budgets for programs and paid social, delivering results against business goals and objectives
- Manage governance and permissions to all Hootsuite social accounts, working closely with the Security and IT departments to mitigate risk
- Serve as thought leader for advocacy and social media excellence, operating as internal and SME via writing and speaking engagements
You’re Great At...
- Implementing and executing a strategic roadmap with a customer-centric approach
- Communications skills, including excellent speaking, writing and editing abilities
- Understanding data, analyzing results, drawing insights and conclusions, and recommending appropriate actions using fact-based decision-making
- Passion for experimentation, with dedication to the innovate-iterate-improve cycle
- Using social networks to drive business objectives, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat etc.
- Change management, paired with a healthy sense of urgency
- Using your expert knowledge of Hootsuite to drive business results and advise on customer experience
- Experience in Enterprise SaaS marketing
- Hootsuite Academy certified or other social media training program
- Fluency, both oral and written, in multiple languages an asset