We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
Who You Are...
You are an integral part of our organization and the team that builds our data architecture. Your background as an experienced software developer, who has improved team efficiency, effectiveness, and culture through initiative and keen observation will allow you to thrive in this role. You have a track record of leading the implementation of technology solutions and being a go-to resource for your team for technical uncertainties. You are comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in an ever-changing and agile environment. You will play an active role in evolving our products, processes, and technology.
You’re Great At...
- Being a go-to resource for your team for development best practices, tools/technology, and app architecture
- Working autonomously, needing little direction, being comfortable with ambiguity.
- Being an effective communicator by listening and sharing information with the team and striving toward team alignment
- ‘Working out loud’ within Hootsuite and the broader community
- Recognizing opportunities to eliminate inefficiencies in our systems and processes
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Passionate about data
- Familiar with Unix/Linux system environment and programming
- Extensive knowledge of different programming and scripting languages like Java, Scala, Go, Python, Unix Shell scripting
- Experience working with various datastores, for example: PostgreSQL, MySQL, S3, MongoDB, Redis, Redshift
- Experience working with messaging queues such as Kafka, Kinesis
- Understanding of ETL techniques and tools to handle extremely large volume data
- Data pipeline development experience for large volumes of data
- Experience with Data warehousing architecture and data modeling best practices
- Experience with tools like Spark, Presto, Athena, Redshift Spectrum.
- Experience with optimized file storage formats like Parquet, Orc and Avro.
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.