HootSuite Engagement API Usage Agreement
Updated January 24, 2012
Terms of Service
- You agree to act honestly, ethically and in good faith in your use of HootSuite applications and APIs.
- You agree to use only your own confidential OAuth Client ID key & secret to access HootSuite APIs.
- You agree not to create more API Client keys than you require.
- HootSuite can suspend or terminate your API Client key at any time without notice for any reason deemed appropriate by HootSuite.
- Upon request from HootSuite, you must provide details about how you are using HootSuite APIs.
- For the purposes of throttling and measuring API usage a "query" is every time you make a request to the HootSuite API with a URL, regardless of whether the URL is unique and regardless of the client that is being used to make the request, whether the request is made through a web browser or otherwise.
- HootSuite can change the API or this Agreement or the query limits at any time according to the changes we think are necessary moving forward.
- Using the API does not give you permission to use the HootSuite brand, word marks, trademarks or logos.
- Re-sale, licensing, disclosure or transfer of the metadata retrieved from HootSuite APIs is not permitted without explicit written permission from HootSuite.
- We will continue to strive to maintain a high level of service for HootSuite APIs but make no guarantees as to availability of the API.
Please send requests for information about branding restrictions, co-marketing opportunities or query limit increases to email@example.com