Building a brand with no budget
How Serengetee.com nonprofit grew to 125,000 Facebook fans in 2 years with Hootsuite
- Resource Type
Nonprofit business Serengetee.com launched when a few friends got together in a college dorm room in the spring of 2012. They had the idea of supporting communities around the world by sourcing fabrics made by local artisans for t-shirts and donating five percent of profits to local causes. With no marketing budget, founders looked to social media, and specifically Hootsuite, for help with customer outreach and brand development.
- 20,000 Facebook fans in their first year
- 125,000 Facebook fans in their second year
- Built 23,000 instagram followers
- Amassed 18,700 Twitter followers
- Since launch, Serengetee has donated over $60,000 to 32 causes in 28 countries
Download the case study and learn more about Serengetee’s social media success story.
Hootsuite helps me manage social media, especially while on the road. I am able to schedule tweets for weeks in advance, to help continually build a fan base while I don’t have access to the internet.