Innovate UK government agency promotes 300 events annually and exceeds engagement targets
How governments can use social media to generate sustained business benefits
- Resource Type
Innovate UK is a government agency that supports science and technology innovation across the UK. They wanted to increase brand awareness and showcase their various offerings, including driving registrations for more than 300 nationwide business events.
Discover how they overcame the challenges of event marketing in a cost-effective manner for so many events and achieved great success.
- Flagship event #InnovateUK14 was the sixth highest trending term in the UK on Twitter on the first day of the event
- 50% of event engagement for annual flagship event were by people who did not even attend
- Exceeded target engagement goal for the flagship event by 30%
- Successful event promotions for 300 small business events annually
- Trained 25 staff members from across the organisation to collaborate on social media and help drive awareness and event marketing
Innovate UK is fast realising its ambition to become one of the best examples of a mature approach to social media across government agencies.