We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
Who You Are…
You thrive in a hands-on, collaborative environment where you’re tasked with big goals - in public, media and analyst relations, executive communications, and thought leadership - all to advance Hootsuite’s leadership in the market. You are an excellent writer and verbal communicator. You are able to understand an executive’s passion and perspective, and bring it to life through bylined articles, presentations, and speaking and awards submissions. And you’re a pro engaging media, inspiring them to write about Hootsuite’s brand, products, and customers through your compelling prose and pitch.
A key member of the Corporate Communications team, the PR manager works with internal stakeholders and external influencers (media and analysts) to build awareness of and preference for Hootsuite.
You’re Great At…
- Contributing to the development of and owning specific communications plans and associated strategies and tactics to achieve business goals
- Partnering closely with Marketing teams on strategic initiatives; managing projects with global PR agencies and regional Marketing leads
- Supporting media relations
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with relevant media
- Driving and drafting press releases that showcase milestones and news; working with global PR agencies and regional Marketing leads to leverage news to drive strategic media coverage
- Responding to reactive media inquiries, aligning opportunities with appropriate spokespeople
- Supporting planning and execution of executive communications
- Managing the thought leadership programs for several senior executives, including managing, writing, editing and placing bylines and contributed articles, securing and preparing execs for speaking opportunities and presentations, and supporting social presence
- Driving proactive media outreach and securing placement to advance Hootsuite and executive thought leadership
- Managing Hootsuite’s customer PR program to secure media coverage of customer success with Hootsuite products and solutions
- Partnering with Customer Marketing and Advocacy to identify and secure customers for media and analyst relations programs and awards submissions
- Preparing customer stories for pitching to media and analysts to secure news/report coverage
- Manage the Hootsuite awards program to drive industry thought leadership & innovation
- Identifying appropriate awards for submission
- Drafting and submiting awards submissions
- Managing awards submission calendar and budget
- Experience in thought leadership content development, writing and ghost writing, messaging; able to write press releases, blog posts, bylines, messaging documents and more, accurately, with creativity and persuasion
- Strategic thinking; able to provide strategic communications counsel to peers, team leads, and executive spokespeople
- Excellent judgement and decision making
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work and projects
- Keen focus on collaboration, quality and timeliness
- Ability to explain complex ideas or technology clearly
- At least 5-8 years of PR and/or corporate communications experience
- Ability to work within both public and private companies; SaaS and/or tech industry experience preferred
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to get work done, even when at times it is outside the scope of the role
- Analytical (capable of analyzing results, trends)
- Agile learner (accepts unfamiliar challenges, quickly adapts to new and different situations)
- Creative thinker
- Strong collaborator and communicator; relationship builder
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.