We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
Who You Are...
Over the last eight years, Hootsuite’s tools have played a critical role in helping businesses find success on social media. Our platform and ecosystem of third party developers has been critical in driving value for our customers and the market. With over two million downloads of apps in the Hootsuite App Directory, we are looking for a talented team to help grow this area of our business.
As Hootsuite’s Technical Partner Manager, you will work on our platform that enables external developers and companies to build solutions, tools and apps into our AppDirectory that align with our products and help to scale our business, faster than we could do on our own. You are a scrappy, business savvy, self-motivated, quick-learner that prides yourself on technical acumen, operational execution and cross-functional leadership. You will be the point of contact for day to day issues and needs of our developer partners and will partner with them to understand their business, motivations, strategic goals and provide technical consultative services to them to ensure our mutual success. While you are highly technical, you also have the ability to be external facing and are articulate with excellent communication and presentation skills.
You’ll be an expert on the Hootsuite APIs, SDKs and developer portal and will engage with product and engineering as a partner advocate. You’ll closely measure and quantify your partner's’ success and report back to our internal teams including executives to drive awareness and resourcing as needed. You have deep passions for data-driven problem-solving, product enhancement, social business innovation. You should thrive in fast-paced environments that are constantly evolving and have an ability to manage a lot of moving pieces with a high level of organization and efficiency to drive successful business results.
- BS or equivalent experience
- 5+ years as a developer partner manager or solution engineer
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of 3 or more
- 3+ years working with the Agile product development methodology
- Experience working in both startups and established companies
- Experience building on, or managing others to build on, APIs and SDKs
- Understanding of web technologies: CSS, HTML/HTML5, JS, JQuery, PHP and MySQL
- Highly organized with excellent communication skills
- Analytical with strong skills in quantifying results
- Experience operating in a startup environment (ie. working autonomously, needing little direction and comfortable with ambiguity)
You’re Great At...
- Working to understand developer partner’s business and technical requirements
- Establishing relationships and building trust with developers and software companies
- Supporting external developers and understanding a wide breadth of products in order to identify unique opportunities to drive innovation with partners
- Partnering cross-functionally with colleagues to consult sales and customer success teams whose clients implement partner solutions, tools or apps
- Providing tactical and effective technical support to developers that are either building on our APIs or SDKs or need support once their live on a platform
- Working closely to inform cross-functional teams of any issues (business or technical) or challenges that prevent developers from having a positive experience building on the platform.
- Tracking, analyzing, and providing quantitative reports on key metrics both day to day and in quarterly business review format
- Explaining complex technical issues or matters to non-technical counterparts when necessary
- Gathering partner feedback to enhance the platform program and the developer experience
- Identifying areas for improvement and executing those initiatives to increase developer’s success
- Reporting and tracking bugs to resolution
- You have built on APIs, been a part of a developer program, in addition to providing technical partner management in the past
- Developer program management experience
- Back-end of full stack web development experience
- Uses Hootsuite currently or in the past