Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
Over the last eight years, Hootsuite’s tools have played a critical role in helping businesses find success on social media. Our platform and ecosystem of third party developers has been critical in driving value for our customers and the market. With over two million downloads of apps in the Hootsuite App Directory, we are looking for a talented team to help grow this area of our business.
As Hootsuite’s Technical Partner Manager, you will work on our platform that enables external developers and companies to build solutions, tools and apps into our AppDirectory that align with our products and help to scale our business, faster than we could do on our own. You are a scrappy, business savvy, self-motivated, quick-learner that prides yourself on technical acumen, operational execution and cross-functional leadership. You will be the point of contact for day to day issues and needs of our developer partners and will partner with them to understand their business, motivations, strategic goals and provide technical consultative services to them to ensure our mutual success. While you are highly technical, you also have the ability to be external facing and are articulate with excellent communication and presentation skills.
You’ll be an expert on the Hootsuite APIs, SDKs and developer portal and will engage with product and engineering as a partner advocate. You’ll closely measure and quantify your partner's’ success and report back to our internal teams including executives to drive awareness and resourcing as needed. You have deep passions for data-driven problem-solving, product enhancement, social business innovation. You should thrive in fast-paced environments that are constantly evolving and have an ability to manage a lot of moving pieces with a high level of organization and efficiency to drive successful business results.
You’re Great At...
- Working to understand developer partner’s business and technical requirements
- Establishing relationships and building trust with developers and software companies
- Supporting external developers and understanding a wide breadth of products in order to identify unique opportunities to drive innovation with partners
- Partnering cross-functionally with colleagues to consult sales and customer success teams whose clients implement partner solutions, tools or apps
- Providing tactical and effective technical support to developers that are either building on our APIs or SDKs or need support once their live on a platform
- Working closely to inform cross-functional teams of any issues (business or technical) or challenges that prevent developers from having a positive experience building on the platform.
- Tracking, analyzing, and providing quantitative reports on key metrics both day to day and in quarterly business review format
- Explaining complex technical issues or matters to non-technical counterparts when necessary
- Gathering partner feedback to enhance the platform program and the developer experience
- Identifying areas for improvement and executing those initiatives to increase developer’s success
- Reporting and tracking bugs to resolution
- You have built on APIs, been a part of a developer program, in addition to providing technical partner management in the past
- Developer program management experience
- Back-end of full stack web development experience
- Uses Hootsuite currently or in the past