We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
Who You Are...
You are best with minimal supervision, hyperspeed, and a little ambiguity. You love to partner, build a better way, work out loud and ultimately support the growth and development of those with whom your work. You are an innate relationship builder with all levels of leadership and individual contributors; you possess a passion for infrastructure development, you’re not afraid to ask for help and you are a culture champion. You are positive, even during the tough times, and you take initiative to make changes as required. You are passionate about tech, social, people and you’re looking for an amazing place to expand your HR toolbox.
You are an experienced senior business partner who understands the importance of an awesome employee experience. You partner cross-functionally and globally within the People team to ensure best practices are followed, knowledge is transferred and employees get what they need to be successful.
It is ideal (but not a requirement) that you have supported fast paced, revenue-generating teams and understand the complexities of a sales-focused, performance based organization. You are competitive by nature and drive yourself to hit milestones. You thrive on change, work with urgency and expect the same of the teams you support.
- 3+ years experience in a progressive HR role (tech and/or sales a bonus)
- Confidence with dynamics of a hyper growth tech (saas) environment
- Deep back pocket of resourceful and creative approaches to people management
- Extensive knowledge of North American and Ontario specific employment law and practices
- Ability to work autonomously and as a part of a larger global team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven sense of responsibility and accountability
- Forward thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Experience with organizational change and thrive in environments where change is the norm
- Keen attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree with HR focus or equivalent relevant experience
You’re Great At...
- Championing company culture and employee engagement initiatives based on qualitative and quantitative data and best practice
- Coaching managers to build a high performing performance culture within their teams and ensure recognition and feedback become second nature
- Supporting managers in identifying performance issues; use people management tools to drive effective performance
- Managing ER caseload for all employees up to manager level
- Coaching managers in best practices that align with local employment law and company values, meet business needs and enhance individual employees’ engagement and experience
- Ensuring relevant and appropriate ER records are created and stored accurately
- Supporting managers to identify skill and capability gaps; make appropriate resourcing choices using succession planning data where appropriate; managing resulting promotion/transfer processes if required
- Coach managers throughout all performance-related situations including Performance Improvement Plans and terminations
- Partnering with managers to identify capability gaps and learning needs
- Support managers with performance and career related conversations
- Coaching employees on career development strategies and expectations
- Partnering with central Learning & Development team to evaluate opportunities for training & development in the Toronto office
- Delivering training sessions when relevant
- Fostering and role-modeling a culture of service excellence, especially during times of change
- Identifying areas of improvement in organisational design and make recommendations for enhancement
- Championing planned changes and initiatives
- Familiarity with HRIS and ATS systems - Workday and Greenhouse a bonus
- Passion for social media and social HR (#HootHROS & #HROS)
- Solid sense of humour a huge bonus