Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
As PR Manager, you are a key member of the corporate communications team and an integral contributor to building awareness and preference for Hootsuite. You will be responsible for planning and executing new and creative ideas that elevate Hootsuite and propel the company forward, as well as supporting executive communications and building and maintaining strong connections with the media. In this role, you will work collaboratively with stakeholders within the entire organization.
If you have 5+ years of broad corporate communications experience and are seeking your next big challenge, keep reading...
*All applicants require a valid Canadian work permit and are based in Vancouver or willing to relocate.
What You'll Be Doing...
- Contribute to the development of and own specific communications plans
- Partner closely with marketing teams on strategic initiatives; manage projects with global PR agencies
- Drive and draft news releases that showcase company and customer milestones and momentum; work with agency to leverage news and drive strategic media coverage
- Support planning and execution of executive communications
- “Own” the exec comms program for 1-2 senior executives
- Develop executive abstracts and presentations for key conferences and events
- Proactive media outreach and management
- Work with the media proactively to generate awareness
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant media
- Respond to reactive media inquiries, align opportunities with appropriate spokespeople
- Work with customers to pitch and place media coverage that demonstrates advocacy
You’re Great At...
- Content development, writing, messaging; able to write blog posts, bylines, messaging documents and more, accurately, with creativity and persuasion
- Strategic thinking; able to provide strategic communications counsel to peers, team leads, executive spokespeople
- Excellent judgement-making ability
- Multi-tasking and prioritization
- Collaboration, quality and timeliness
- Explaining complex ideas or technology clearly
- Adapting quickly to new situations
- PR agency experience
- Tech industry experience
- Experience working within both public and private companies