Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
The Copywriter is responsible for creating content across a number of different channels, and verticals in EMEA. This includes thought leadership pieces for EMEA executives & Industry Principals, case studies, white papers, presentations (digital & offline), trend reports, email & web copy.
On the thought leadership side, the writer will build strong relationships with key stakeholders before the creation of content in key topics within each focus vertical.
The copy produced is conversion-oriented, and designed to drive awareness & credibility of the Hootsuite brand. It will help meet and exceed higher level business goals, while staying consistent with brand voice.
The copywriter understands the social media practitioner, key decision makers and executives, they can immediately grasp the obvious and not-so-obvious pain points. They understand B2B sales objectives and know how to create content that drives leads through the sales funnel.
- Concept & create thought leadership pieces for the EMEA Executive team & Industry Principals
- Work closely with Content & Social Marketing team on EMEA Content Strategy
- Identify key industry & vertical trends & produce content to key Hootsuite top of mind
- Create results-driven, digital marketing copy
- Ownership of style guides and tone of voice in region, and to collaborate with our global content team on improving brand guidelines worldwide.
- Construct persuasive, on-brand copy for highly targeted emails, nurture programs, events, and webinars
- Articulate value propositions for Hootsuite’s offerings
- Writing clear, to the point, and informative copy with a focus on conversion
- Proofreading and editing
- Ensure company brand is reflected in tone, positioning, and essence are fully integrated in all copy
- Meet strict deadlines
- Mentor copywriters within content marketing team, helping guide all marketing materials into generating the highest possible sales leads
- Identify and resolve risks, issues and conflicts within projects
- Demonstrate excellent decision-making skills around scope, timelines, and resources
- Bring an unrivaled passion for delivery, a positive attitude, and a desire to exceed expectations in every interaction.
You’re Great At...
- Understanding of EMEA Tier 1 markets - UK, FR, DE, IT, ES
- Extensive direct copy/content marketing experience
- Proven experience in copywriting for web and conversion optimisation
- Exceptional writer with advanced copywriting, proofreading and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically in a sales/business development context
- Strong understanding of search engine marketing/optimisation, calls to action, etc.
- Highly organised and able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with ability to prioritise tasks and manage multiple projects
- Possess client management skills with a passion for building effective relationships and exceeding expectations
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or another related degree