We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
As a Network Administrator at Hootsuite, you will work on a team of talented and passionate Operations focused developers who deploy and manage the Hootsuite platform, supporting industry-leading software that millions depend on, support existing network infrastructure and services, and extend Hootsuite’s presence all over the world.
We are looking for someone who can deploy and support our physical network and network services making them run efficiently and effectively. You will deliver best practices and high quality network and service designs and manage network resources, both local and cloud-based.
- Provide hands on networking and network services expertise to ensure maximum client uptime
- Support and implement new services and network configurations, continuously improving the quality of the existing network
- Monitor the state of all network services and recommend future improvements
- Work closely with IT and Security teams in order to establish required policies and procedures, configurations and best practices
- Follow-up with device firmware and configuration updates
- Support and troubleshoot local and remote networks and network services
- Adjust network configurations and services to fit into overarching organization control standards
- Document your work and keep the existing documentation up to date
- Demonstrate excellent decision-making skills around scope, timelines, and resources
- Bring an unrivalled passion for delivery, a positive attitude, and a desire to exceed expectations in every interaction
Required Skills & Experience:
- University degree or college diploma or equivalent experience; technical background in Network Operations and Information Technology
- 3+ years networking design and services administration experience preferably in a SaaS environment or ISP
- CCNA/JNCIA or equal certification
- Experience designing complex, multiple services network deployments
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure and services a plus
- Experience in scripting (python, bash, php)
- Experience working using agile methodologies
- Documenting your own work as well as the work of others
- Written and oral communication skills