Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
The Business Operations “BizOps” team champions organizational alignment in our Customer focus and enabling our people with the systems, tools, processes and insights to achieve our mission of championing the power of human connection!
Our Business Technology team is responsible for the business data, systems and processes supporting our customer and internal operations and works with our Product team on our presenting a holistic view of our Customer Journey. The BT team works with our Product and Business teams in architecting and deploying a customer centric business/enterprise architecture that allows us to craft and direct our customers’ experiences.
As the Director of Business Technology you will be responsible for leading and supporting our Customer First Digital Transformation. You will drive the design, development and implementation of a unified business process & technology architecture across all business applications. You will have an extensive knowledge of emerging business technologies and a vision for architecting, identifying platforms and tools to align our global business technology strategy and Business Operations roadmap.
You thrive in a hyper-growth environment and have a passion for developing a robust information technology ecosystem. You will have extensive experience owning and leading technical architecture, designs, systems integrations, data stores, and extraction of data for business use. You will evangelize a data driven culture in partnership with the Business Insights team, deliver BI services, and are able to identify and adopt global best practices. You are apt at line of business processes, applications and infrastructure such as Salesforce, Netsuite, AWS, Tableau and Marketo. In addition, you have engineering experience, are proficient with SQL, BI back-end and front-end tools, and know scripting language such as R, Python.
- Develop Business Technology Strategy & Roadmap: Proactively evaluate key business needs and provide the applications, tools and analytical platforms to accelerate the efforts of Hootsuite's business teams needs.
- Lead the Business Technology team: Direct, manage and develop a high performing team to build and add new capabilities to Hootsuite’s business information platform
- Build ETL Framework: Build data pipelines that transform data in various forms (data warehouse, relational db, data from vendors etc) to aggregate business data into datawarehouse
- Champion Global Best Practices: Leverage business partnerships to prioritize standardized approaches to operating models, BI and information delivery and seek ways to improve adoption, use, and impact
- Partner with IT functions (IT Operations): Ensure high level of buy-in and alignment from key stakeholders and partner with teams to ensure support across the organization
- Partner with Product functions (Product/Datalab) to incorporate product and customer usage data into business systems
- Oversee the selection and usability of key business software applications: Direct and manage systems design and architecture to track performance, revenue forecasts, quoting, regionalization, locations, and business unit requirements in accordance with overall organizational strategy and customer requirements.
- Data Governance: Collaborate with technology teams using data governance approaches to implement common data standards to enable consistent and accurate reporting for the business
You’re Great At...
- Demonstrated ability to work at the senior management level to lead business requirements and strategy
- Strong results orientation; ability to remove obstacles and hold people accountable for achieving results
- High collaboration skills with the strong ability to work cross-functionally
- Influencing, aligning and leading cross-functional teams towards a unified roadmap
- Leading, managing, and driving a high performing team in a fast paced environment
- Expert presentation/teaching skills
- Effective problem solving and mediation skills
- Ability to successfully influence direct reports, peers and senior leadership
- Thrive in an environment of change and ambiguity
Required Skills & Experience...
- Business Transformation & Change management experience; strategic planning and stakeholder alignment
- ERP Systems implementation experience; Netsuite, Oracle, SAP
- Experience with sales force automation, marketing automation and financial management tools; Salesforce, Dynamics, SugarCRM
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree and equivalent experience
- A minimum 12 yrs of relevant and progressive experience in technology and business processes (incl. 5+ years managing teams)
- Strong knowledge of Data warehouse/lake design methodology
- Expert with MySQL database and data schema design
- Strong industry knowledge of modern technologies for collecting, manipulating, and sharing data in a fast-paced business setting
- Experience working in a global business environment preferred
- Strong interest in social media
- Freemium, SaaS or tech startup experience