Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You support the Financial Controller in all corporate accounting matters and you play a key role in ensuring Hootsuite’s general ledger and financial statements are in accordance with accounting standards and internal policies.
You own the trial balance and take pride in ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the general ledger, journal entries and supporting schedules. You understand how systems support the preparation of financial information and are able to confidently assess whether to rely on system-generated reports. You facilitate the month-end GL close process.
You have a Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) in good standing and a minimum 6 years of progressive accounting experience. You have strong knowledge of accounting principles and concepts and experience working in an ERP environment.
You’re Great At...
- Full-cycle accounting, including driving the general ledger accounting and consolidation processes: journal entries, reconciliations, closing, statements, analysis and schedules.
- Preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting working papers and supporting schedules
- Revenue recognition, including deferred revenue reconciliations
- Hedge accounting and equity transactions, including stock based compensation
- Preparing and / or reviewing journal entries, as appropriate
- Playing a lead role in standardizing, streamlining, and simplifying account reconciliations
- Identifying and implementing improvements to internal controls
- Business partnering with various internal teams and external business partners
- Managing and overseeing accounts payable function, including travel and expense (T&E) program and credit card programs
- International subsidiary reporting
- Audit preparation/support
- Special projects, as needed
- Exposure to U.S. GAAP
- Multi-currency and multi-jurisdictional entity exposure
- Netsuite, Salesforce, Solium experience
- Public company or audit experience
- SaaS industry experience