Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
WHAT YOU’ll BE UP TO….
We have an opportunity for a high performing individual who is interested in getting some unparalleled exposure to the life of a CEO. In this role you will be accountable for managing the CEO's day-to-day in order to help force multiply his contributions on the needle-moving stuff for the organization. You’ll be responsible for evaluating everything that is going on, hyper-prioritizing, and ensuring that his time and focus is spent on the most strategic initiatives. As the gatekeeper, you will learn to have an intuitive sense about who he needs to meet with, and the time he needs, in order to have him prepped and organized for a fast paced and ever changing day.
To be successful you will need to be assertive, but approachable. A close pulse on the global organization and specifically each executive’s vertical is required to help drive action items through to delivery. You’ll organize and attend the executive meetings where you will be responsible for meeting minutes, planning next steps, and communicating and tracking priorities, milestones, and outcomes.
This role will provide an opportunity to gain valuable insight across all departments, grow your capabilities, and the successful career path would include significant learning and delivery followed by an internal move to another team within the organization.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Overseeing full cycle travel requirements including booking flights, hotels, and any necessary transportation as well as meetings, conferences, networking, and PR events
- Acting as a point of contact for employees, the exec team, the board, external contacts, partners, and vendors
- Helping prepare, format, and proofread confidential correspondence, briefing materials, speaking and presentation notes, and other external reports/contracts
- Verifying expenditures and managing procurement and logistics of various department budgets, travel expenses, etc...
- Coordinating external events/offsites, speaking engagments, and sponsorship opportunities
- Engagement management - help manage all the CEO to CEO relationships, setting up meetings with new and existing contacts, and managing multiple stakeholders
- Boosting productivity by assisting with some PA responsibilities
YOUR SKILLS CONSIST OF….
- Excellent communicator - can manage multiple correspondences per day with executive team, other CEO’s, partners, investors, etc....
- Ability to create proactive systems to manage daily shifting priorities
- Confidence and firmness in stakeholder management, knowing when to take action, or pushback as appropriate
- Being entrepreneurial, you know what it means to be gritty, grind it out when needed, and you will get the job done no matter what
- Managing your time effectively and prioritizing what needs to be done now, opposed to down the road
- Self starter, self driven, who prefers to work autonomously on a variety of projects and initiatives at the same time
- Strong business acumen, perhaps an MBA, bachelor's degree, or diploma in business/commerce or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of EA or equivalent experience managing multiple priorities in a dynamic and fast paced organization
- Strong understanding of legal, finance, and tax