Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You are a passionate UX designer with a strong creative background, who loves to deconstruct complex problems and transform them into simple, intuitive solutions. You love truly understanding your users – always striving to build empathy and advocating on their behalf.
You’ll be a pivotal member of the Labs team - who are leading the charge within Hootsuite to bring brand new products to market that will become the next generation of market leaders. We’re here to take on awesome challenges and build exciting new products!
You will also collaborate closely with Product Management, as well as the broader Product Design Team to design and deliver thoughtful user experiences that truly empower our customers on social.
You’ll be creatively flexible, exploring and testing your ideas, gathering constructive feedback, and clearly articulating the thinking behind your solution. You have a proven track record of producing designs that:
- create an engaging user experience
- fulfill product requirements
- work within the context of a broader product direction
You’ll also work closely with the development team who will bring your solution to life, and you’ll get to see the results of your efforts working for millions of people around the globe.
You’re Great At...
- A strong portfolio comprised of projects which demonstrate strategic, creative, and user centered design solutions to complex software problems
- Experience with responsive, cross-browser, and web app design
- Familiarity with agile, iterative design processes
- 3 - 5 years of experience with software design best practices
- Experience operating in a startup environment (ie. working autonomously, needing little direction, comfortable with ambiguity, etc.)
- Must be organized, able to work independently, and able to quickly change focus between different projects
- Experience in User research and usability testing
- Understands technology, but understands that this is a user-centered design role, not tech-centered (i.e. not required to deliver production code)
- Experience building user experience for SaaS products