Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You are a passionate UX designer with a strong creative background, who loves to deconstruct complex problems and transform them into simple, intuitive solutions. You love truly understanding your users – always striving to build empathy and advocating on their behalf.
You will collaborate closely with Product Management, as well as the broader Product Design Team to design and deliver thoughtful user experiences that truly empower our customers on social.
You’ll be creatively flexible, exploring and testing your ideas, gathering constructive feedback, and clearly articulating the thinking behind your solution. You have a proven track record of producing designs that:
- create an engaging user experience
- fulfill product requirements
- work within the context of a broader product direction
You’ll also work closely with the development team who will bring your solution to life, and you’ll get to see the results of your efforts working for millions of people around the globe.
You’re Great At...
- A strong portfolio comprised of projects which demonstrate strategic, creative, and user centered design solutions to complex software problems
- Experience with responsive, cross-browser, and web app design
- Familiarity with agile, iterative design processes
- 3 - 5 years of experience with software design best practices
- Experience operating in a startup environment (ie. working autonomously, needing little direction, comfortable with ambiguity, etc.)
- Must be organized, able to work independently, and able to quickly change focus between different projects
- Gain a deep understanding of Hootsuite’s business objectives, customers, product design, and competition
- Work with the Director, Product Design, the Product Manager, and other designers to clarify requirements and user stories
- Participate in brainstorming and creation of user experience concepts
- Develop and deliver high level and detailed storyboards, concept diagrams, user interface sketches, mockups, prototypes, and detailed design specifications to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Perform analysis of our partner’s product offerings, identify design patterns between similar use cases, and apply those learnings to create effective designs, templates, and related design documentation
- Contribute to the development of the Hootsuite Pattern Library by sharing effective solutions to new design problems
- Support development teams as they deliver products that implement your designs
- Participate in the planning and execution of user testing, as well as the analysis and reporting of the test results
- Experience in User research and usability testing
- Understands technology, but understands that this is a user-centered design role, not tech-centered (i.e. not required to deliver production code)
- Experience building user experience for SaaS products