Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
- You’re passionate about growing cross-functional, self-organizing teams and creating space for people to achieve astonishing results
- You live and breathe an agile mindset that values critical thinking over dogma
- When faced with complex challenges, your reflex is simplification and transparency.
- You look at solutions in unconventional ways, and identify opportunities to innovate in execution.
- You bridge communication gaps and keep an eye on the big picture so others have room to focus on the art of their craft.
- You have a good knowledge of and interest in BI and data technologies.
Your Contribution to the Hootsuite Team...
- Work closely with the Senior Engineering Director, Development team and Product Management to drive Hootsuite’s data strategy and infrastructure forward.
- Guide and coach multiple scrum teams on how to use agile frameworks and values to delight customers with effective software delivery
- Facilitate all Scrum ceremonies and ensure all Scrum artifacts (product backlog, user stories, sprint radiator, burndown, etc) are maintained and used effectively.
- Create an environment where your teams can self-organize and thrive.
- Facilitate negotiations between stakeholders, product owners, and development in order to surface highest priority work and protect the team’s roadmap.
- Provide Development and Sr. Management ongoing status against delivery of commitments; identify and actively mitigate risks.
You are great at...
- 3-5 years of agile Technical Program or Project Management experience in a technology organization, preferably e-commerce and/or SaaS.
- 2+ years experience in using or teaching Agile Methodologies (e.g. Lean, Scrum, XP).
- Outstanding problem resolution skills and the ability to thrive in a complex, dynamic environment.
- Expertise at presenting complex technical information clearly to varying audiences & collaborating across different levels in the org structure.
- Crisp and compelling verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation and listening skills.
- Experienced with both agile and traditional project management tools such as JIRA, Gantt charts, spreadsheets and presentation software.
- Scrum Master certification is a plus
- Product Management / BA / BI experience
- Startup experience
- Love of Social Media