Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
The Enterprise Collaboration Engineering team is looking for a seasoned, talented leader with a strong technical and management background to build the next generation platform that enables self-service integration of external apps with the Hootsuite product. The goal is to provide a scalable model for integrating our product into a fast growing number of Enterprise customer workflows. This platform architecture plays a critical role in enabling our Value-add partners and internal sales engineers to quickly configure Hootsuite for each Enterprise client, by minimizing the effort required to integrate with Social Networks, CRMs, content sources such as Google Docs, Archiving platforms and other 3rd party services in the Enterprise ecosystem.
As a Senior Manager, you will lead your team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the platform. You will interface with several internal teams including Product Management, User Experience, other Engineering teams and Customer Success. Our mission is to delight the customer. In order to succeed you must be comfortable in bridging the business and technical domains.
Reporting to the Director of Development, you will play an active role in growing our people, processes, and technology.
Our team is all about communication, collaboration and having fun while working effectively. Egos are checked at the door and we’re committed to helping each other achieve our common goals. Regardless of title, everyone on our team is empowered to #buildabetterway.
You’re Great At...
- Building performant, scalable and fault-tolerant infrastructure using tools like Scala, Go, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Build a world-class development team capable of delivering outstanding results through Agile rapid iterations
- Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
- Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
- Provide thought leadership and establish technical vision for the team
- Being a strong mentor and coach by helping your team see their potential and guiding the career development of your teammates
- ‘Working out loud’ within Hootsuite and the broader community
- Recognizing opportunities to eliminate inefficiencies in our systems and processes
- 5+ years’ experience planning, designing, developing and delivering consumer software.
- 5+ years leading teams of 5+ engineers
- 5+ years’ experience as a People Manager in a software development organization.
- Hands-on experience with design and development of highly scalable web services and systems
- Experience with Microservices and/or service oriented architecture
- knowledge of PHP, Scala, MySQL (or other RDMBS) and Redis
- Working with REST APIs (bonus if you’ve worked with Twitter or Facebook APIs)
- Have startup or product experience
- You will impress us with your passion and your dedication
- Created open source contributions or have personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
- A keen interest in social media
#LI - ER1