Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
The Senior Operations Developer will be a key member of the Operations team responsible for system administration and service management. You are a seasoned system operator with an affinity for creating and maintaining rock solid systems - databases, caches, frontend servers, deployment pipelines, backup systems, etc. You are a creative thinker capable of troubleshooting any problem. Your operations skills are matched by your abilities to write necessary code to maintain systems. Your code may not end up on the homepage, but your team loves you because the stuff you build makes everything “just work”.
You have a passion for automation and 5+ years of operations experience, preferably in highly available cloud or data center production environments in addition to competencies generally associated with a degree in computer science, computer information systems or a related technical diploma. You will design and build systems using configuration management to effectively manage deployment of servers to public and private cloud and work with Operations team to build monitoring systems and diagnose low level performance issues. You will work with the software development teams to manage and optimize software deployment pipeline. You will participate in software development process by optimizing low level code, developing, capacity testing systems and designing / maintaining development environments including build and deploy tooling and tools related to infrastructure as code.
You’re Great At...
- Linux administration and scripting skills (Python, Bash)
- Extensive experience with a configuration management tool (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience and solid understanding of managing virtualized environments (AWS, vSphere, CloudStack)
- Management of relational and/or non-relational (NOSQL) databases
- Designing and deploying systems, caches and databases to production environments
- Experience with system monitoring tools (Nagios, Sensu, Graphite)
- Managing software deployment systems - source control, continuous integration, unit/acceptance/functional testing frameworks
- Working in high scalability environments
- Passion for researching operations practices and technologies and work to integrate them into operational practices
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Devops practices and culture
- Experience handling on call duties for highly available environments